8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i saw the deal that one of our site sponsors had listed for the exeddy clutch and the lightened flywheel and contacted him, for my application he recommends i get a stage 2 clutch.. i just wanted to get you guy's opinion!

So my SI is my daily driver, I drag it minimum 2 nights a month (several runs each time i go out) and maximum 4 nights a month. I use the car as my daily driver so im not sure if i want something that is going to be a total ***** to drive. So what do you suggest i Get? Also if i do get an aftermarket clutch and end up grinding off teeth from my gears will that be a total your screwed deal as far as warrenty goes? im confused about this but after seeing all the pics chase and a few others posted it makes me nervous.. dont want to do 5k in repairs!

Here is my mod list just to give you an idea of the power im putting down, what do you think my HP/TQ is while spraying?

Injen CAI
Vibrant Streetpower Cat Back Exhaust
Ingalls "Stiffy" engine torque dampener
DC Sports race header
CorSport Intake manifold heat gasket
ZEX EFI Wet nitrous system (75 Shot) with:
Wide open throttle switch
Traction Control window switch
Remote bottle opener
Purge kit
One step colder spark plugs
20% Tint
HFP suspension kit
CSX center console
TMW short shifter and base bushings

So in short, what stage should i get? Should i get the thick or reduced size clutch? Which flywheel? Will it totally screw me if i mess up the gears??

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
i think this might be better asked in the forced induction nitrous forum as most of the NOS boys post in there.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mod can you move it? lol i sat here for a good 5 minutes thinking clutch clutch which section is that..

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
yea there really isnt a good thread for just clutches but being that you are running spray there are quite a few people in that section that also are running a similar setup that would know how to help you out.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Newb, from your list of mods and the fact that you are tracking the car occasionally, the Exedy flywheel, clutch and pressure plate would be a good investment. Your car will hookup better and will also be able to take the added stress of racing.

As for the warranty issues, if you have an aftermarket clutch and flywheel in there and you destroy some gears in your transmission, I am afraid you will be held liable for that. Honda has a website for warranty issues. Read what they have to say about warranty claims due to racing or competive driving in Section IV-D: http://www.hondawarrantyinfo.com/pdf/hondaSampleContract.pdf

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NitrousG35 said:
Newb, from your list of mods and the fact that you are tracking the car occasionally, the Exedy flywheel, clutch and pressure plate would be a good investment. Your car will hookup better and will also be able to take the added stress of racing.

As for the warranty issues, if you have an aftermarket clutch and flywheel in there and you destroy some gears in your transmission, I am afraid you will be held liable for that. Honda has a website for warranty issues. Read what they have to say about warranty claims due to racing or competive driving in Section IV-D: http://www.hondawarrantyinfo.com/pdf/hondaSampleContract.pdf

Your my hero! Stage 1 or 2?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not break off teeth from swapping the clutch and flywheel.

Breaking off teeth from frequent launches etc.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
NewbTuner said:
Your my hero! Stage 1 or 2?
If you are running nitrous and plan on using drag slicks or stickier tires, the Stage 2 would probably be the best way to go. Repeated launching can be hard on a clutch. Get something that will do well both on the street and at the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts