8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. im debating what to do this summer; aesthetics/handling or power?? i already have the hfp side skirts sitting in my garage, and i would get the front and rear lip and the hfp suspension. orrr if i went power i would get the vibrant rh w/ hfc and the apexi ws2 exhaust. each option is about 1100 or so, give or take a little. doing both is probably not realistic til the fall at earliest. i am torn as to where to head with this. especially since CCH still has the lip kit on sale and now will be getting the hfp suspension on sale!....

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Just depends on what you more interested in. I first went power and now I'm I/H/E and am very satisfied, I'm looking into aesthetics/suspension.

I'm happy with the way that I did it, just depends on what you want to do.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just counted 7 different threads on the 1st page that were the exact same thing as mine. a "should i get this" opinion. if you dont have something nice or helpful to say, then go somewhere else. thinking your a tough guy or cool or something for trying to tell me i am in the wrong forum is retarded. until you go leave the same post on each and every thread asking for an opinion, i dont want to hear it.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Considering this is the all motor forum this is a topic for the garage forum. It's getting pretty bad that a great deal of pointless, techless threads are being posted in this forum. What's even worse is this forum is becoming an acceptable free-for-all with no end in sight.

Hey, I'm all for putting threads in the proper forum, but hes just asking a simple question.

No disrespect, but perhaps you should commiserate your dislike for misappropriated threads by yourself and not by threadcrapping on someones harmless post. Replying that posts don't belong here is rather hypocritical and doesn't lead to any further resolve of the issue that you are attempting to bring to light.

To the OP: Your are asking an opinionated rhetorical question. What do you want? Performance or aesthetics?

I also like to get a consensus from other people on their thoughts, but you should do a little research on your options and make the decision yourself.

Personally, I went for looks first as I didn't want to void my warranty, but then I quickly changed my mind. I have full HFP, and my performance modifications are going on tomorrow. (RH, Exhaust, etc.)

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks keefer. thats the kind of post i am looking for. i know what you are saying. i guess all i was trying to do is see what other people have done/thought to help me make my decision. but yeah it was just a harmless question, just wanted to get an idea, thats all

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
hey all. im debating what to do this summer; aesthetics/handling or power?? i already have the hfp side skirts sitting in my garage, and i would get the front and rear lip and the hfp suspension. orrr if i went power i would get the vibrant rh w/ hfc and the apexi ws2 exhaust. each option is about 1100 or so, give or take a little. doing both is probably not realistic til the fall at earliest. i am torn as to where to head with this. especially since CCH still has the lip kit on sale and now will be getting the hfp suspension on sale!....
Think about which way you want to go first. I try to do a little of both! I started with aesthetics, then power, then aesthetics...etc... That way I can upgrade the engine and look of my car without getting to far ahead on either side. :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Think about which way you want to go first. I try to do a little of both! I started with aesthetics, then power, then aesthetics...etc... That way I can upgrade the engine and look of my car without getting to far ahead on either side. :thumb:
:yeahthat: I'm finally starting to figure out what I want to do with my si as well. I like the idea of not getting too far agead on either side. Although I'm probably going to lean more on the side of power since I did buy the car to drive it, not to look at it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.