8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here is the deal i got 3 g's to spend and i was wondering what i should do first... I already got AEM intake and Apexi WS2 exhaust on my 06 si... I just really want to get the most gains as possible for 3 grand... I went into my local race store and they said i should do my cams, retainers, value springs and a reflash all for like 2300 (all Go-Power). But i really want to supercharge it but i dont know what brand is better either... The Jrsc or the CT??? What kind of gains could i possible see out of those two?? Thanks guys for helping me out...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O and the only reason i dont say turbo is cause everyone says they are unreliable.. Whats everyone thoughts on that cause i see people getting HUGE gains out of those...

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Personally, I would supercharge. Mostly because I love the sound and the linear powerband. Later on you can add the other stuff for more power but for the money and ease of installation, I think a SC would be my start

This is based solely on my opinion

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
turbo kits are not unreliable as long as you do a good installation. Have a turbo timer and use the proper oil and change the oil when you should.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Turbos can be just as reliable as superchargers if installed correctly, have a good tune, and a good kit to begin with. Turbos run off the exhaust gases and superchargers work off a belt system. I suggest you read up a little more in the forced induction forum before buying a kit. lol I would personally just supercharge because i don't need an excess of power to the front wheels and like the simplicity/cheapness of the supercharger route. You can do bolt ons first or supercharge first, it doesn't really matter. However, if you supercharge then do bolt ons, you should probably re-tune. Not sure how big your exhaust is but a raceheader will give you better gains with a supercharger. New Comptech kits go for around 4K. You could pick up a used one, that would be a good value. However, i would not try and supercharge for around 3k, its just not enough money for the supercharger, install, tune, add-ons, etc. It will however yield better gains than NA usually and is more cost effective. The jackson racing is a better value than the comptech and more comparably to comptech stage 2.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I would say supercharger, they're a little more drive-able, but sacrifice overall power potential.

And like its been said, the engine will only be as reliable as its tune.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if you were me KX you would just buy the Jackson supercharger?? I understand how it works mostly haha i just want more power... What kind of gains do you see off the Jackson kit??

·
Registered
196 Posts
So if you were me KX you would just buy the Jackson supercharger?? I understand how it works mostly haha i just want more power... What kind of gains do you see off the Jackson kit??
Well out of the box the jackson racing kit uses a 3.3" pulley i believe. The comptech stage 1 kit uses a 3.6 and the stage 2 kit uses a 3.3 or 3.15. I prefer the comptech kit because i wouldnt want to shave my block. Not that it is really a big deal but i just prefer the comptech kit, just personal preference. The jackson racing kit is a better bang for the buck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts