8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious, with lowered 8th gens (specifically an 08 Si coupe for me), what will scrap first?

W/ my 300ZX it was the front bumper and cross member
W/ my Maxima I it was the rear sway-bar
W/ my Maxima II it was the exhaust
W/ my Passat it was the oil pan
W/ my EF it was the exhaust
The list goes on....

Whats going to drag on this car? It's my high mileage DD, so I need to weigh the cons of going low...

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Front tow hooks and splash guards. That's the only thing that's scraped on mine.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Front Tow Hooks and Splash Guards and the lowest part of my exhaust (in front of the rear wheels before it curves up over the suspension components).

·
Administrator
45,045 Posts
Front bumper/Lip
Front Tow hooks
Exhaust midpipe stock and aftermarket the resonator/midpipe/and sometimes muffler
Mudguards

All are avoidable if you know how to drive a lowered car (which it sounds like you do). The riskiest/easiest to scrape up is the front bumper coming out of driveways. All the rest tend to scrape less easily (If you have the angle so the front bumper doesnt scrape, nothing else will)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exhaust and towhook I can stomach :thumbsup:

Scrapping the aluminum oil pan on my Passat was nerve racking.

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
scraping front lip, mudguards, tow hook, brake ducts, subframe, exhaust etc..

I remember going out of my friends driveway once.. scraped almost every part under the car.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
for me its those little splash guard things in front of the front wheels. but in a few days, it will be my freshly painted hfp lip =[

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
front parts of the splash guard, front tow hook area, but mainly the midpipe cause of speedbumps lol

and im only on progress springs!

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
i have hit my sub frame a few times i killed a turtle that was on the road one time. not sure if he hit my oil pan or my sub frame. i often hit my tow hooks and i have scraped my exhaust many of times. but im on a 3 inch drop.

when i had tein stechs with a 1.5 inch drop i never scraped.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts