8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

what rims can i put on an 07 hybrid

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  thedamaja 
#1 ·
Hello forum friends,
I just bought an 07 Civic Hybrid this weekend. We like the mpg, but not real crazy about the wheels. I was just wondering what I needed to look for if I were to buy aftermarket wheels as far as offset and weight and what not...
or can I use the EX or SI wheels on my hybrid?
What will this do to the gas mileage?
thanks for any help
jared

#3 ·
jrod81 said:
Hello forum friends,
I just bought an 07 Civic Hybrid this weekend. We like the mpg, but not real crazy about the wheels. I was just wondering what I needed to look for if I were to buy aftermarket wheels as far as offset and weight and what not...
or can I use the EX or SI wheels on my hybrid?
What will this do to the gas mileage?
thanks for any help
jared

welcome to the site

there are a few people on here that have upgraded there wheels
here are a few threads to give you an idea

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40732

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19019&highlight=hybrid+wheels

remz857 said:
It's called the internet buddy
that was a friendly welcome like wtf give the guy a break

#8 ·
if i can get better wheels and only lose about 2mpg (according to the internet buddy) then i would like to do that...
if i can find a good enough deal on rims/tires then i will do it and see how bad mpg is effected... if it is too much then i can always resale...

#10 ·
perfect! thanks... i really love the 5 star si wheels, but i just can't find a postiive answer on if they will fit without spacers, so i think i might just go with ex wheels unless i can find some similiar weight ones with a quick internet search!
thanks for the advice

whtdvl said:
i would try to find the weight of a stock hybrid wheel and then look for a wheel with a similar weight..

look in the for sale forum and find some EX/Si wheels and buy them for cheap that way you aren't out a lot of money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.