8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum friends,
I just bought an 07 Civic Hybrid this weekend. We like the mpg, but not real crazy about the wheels. I was just wondering what I needed to look for if I were to buy aftermarket wheels as far as offset and weight and what not...
or can I use the EX or SI wheels on my hybrid?
What will this do to the gas mileage?
thanks for any help
jared

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
jrod81 said:
Hello forum friends,
I just bought an 07 Civic Hybrid this weekend. We like the mpg, but not real crazy about the wheels. I was just wondering what I needed to look for if I were to buy aftermarket wheels as far as offset and weight and what not...
or can I use the EX or SI wheels on my hybrid?
What will this do to the gas mileage?
thanks for any help
jared

welcome to the site

there are a few people on here that have upgraded there wheels
here are a few threads to give you an idea

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40732

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19019&highlight=hybrid+wheels

remz857 said:
It's called the internet buddy
that was a friendly welcome like wtf give the guy a break

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
jennerz22 said:
I've heard that aftermarket or even EX or SI rims decrease gas mileage. Hope this helps.
yes they do cause those hybrid rims were specificly designed to raise gas milage hence there ugly look

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
i kinda like the original look of the hybrid wheels, makes it stand out

since u got a hybrid ill assume u care about mileage, others wheels particularly larger ones from what ive read really decrease mileage

sooooo stick with stock imo

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i can get better wheels and only lose about 2mpg (according to the internet buddy) then i would like to do that...
if i can find a good enough deal on rims/tires then i will do it and see how bad mpg is effected... if it is too much then i can always resale...

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
i would try to find the weight of a stock hybrid wheel and then look for a wheel with a similar weight..

look in the for sale forum and find some EX/Si wheels and buy them for cheap that way you aren't out a lot of money

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
perfect! thanks... i really love the 5 star si wheels, but i just can't find a postiive answer on if they will fit without spacers, so i think i might just go with ex wheels unless i can find some similiar weight ones with a quick internet search!
thanks for the advice

whtdvl said:
i would try to find the weight of a stock hybrid wheel and then look for a wheel with a similar weight..

look in the for sale forum and find some EX/Si wheels and buy them for cheap that way you aren't out a lot of money

1 - 11 of 11 Posts