8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as of right now I only own the hfp Axel back for my fg2....I love the looks and the sound of it as well...I kno there aren't many options regarding the performance spectrum of this muffler but I was wondering what r my options regarding mods for any additional gains while keeping this muffler?
Like I kno there is the midpipe from Megan racing but I heard that it actually hurt some peoples gains using the stock 2.25in piping...any opinions welcomed

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
A RH will make gains, but as far as exhaust piping/midpipe goes I would leave it alone.

Just get a good race header and leave it if your happy.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This may sound like dumb question but will the RH make the muffler sound whiney becuz of the tight piping?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
It will definately change the tone.

I have no idea how the tone will change.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok then... Which RH out there would mount up to stock piping size out there? I would think the RH would hav a biggere diameter leading to the midpipe right?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
yeah dont do the megan mid pipe, i dynoed my car before and after with it+hfp axleback and lost like 3-4 whp... I ran a strup RH after that and the car sounded nice. it was more aggressive too. i would say it was on there for a year and it did not get all fart-canny

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a DC sports race header, Megan Racing mid-pipe, and DC sports axle-back muffler. The header will definitely not make the car any more quiet but does add some nice power, plus being less-restrictive, you can really feel ur car pull alot more on highway driving. I only got the mid-pipe because i didnt want to ditch the axle-back to buy a full cat-back exhaust. But the mid-pipe has a much smaller resonator and is larger than stock. If you dont want ur car to sound whinny and make good power, i would recommend getting the header and flashpro with a professional tune. You could expect 20-30hp and the exhaust will sound like a harmonic symphony instead of a rattle can, lol. :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally i started off with the axle-back first, then the header, and last the mid-pipe. Im not sure if there are any other companies that offer mid-pipes, but like i said, i only got it so i could have a full exhaust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I currently have that as my setup. With the header, mp, axle-back, aem cai, and flashpro, i got 213hp to the wheels with a pro tune

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would say yes for useless unless you plan on getting the header, but like Brado said, he actually lost power.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice bro... I think I ll ditch the Megan midpipe to save some moneyz... Gotta pay for classes soon and I ll wait till a better mp comes out...

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i would say yes for useless unless you plan on getting the header, but like Brado said, he actually lost power.
ya Cuz if he lost power would that mean the stock midpipe is better for my wallet when slappin on the rh and intake and stuffs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Most headers are direct bolt-ons, however u still need to do research on them. For instance i installed the Skunk2 70mm MegaPower header on my friends Fa5 and for that he need a secondary O2 bung to be welded on the cat-back and an O2 wire harness extension. My header on the other hand was a complete bolt-on, no modifications necessary. However my header is much smaller than the Skunk2

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What do u mean by smaller like it's a shorty header??? I thought it was a full race header...???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not shorter, smaller in diameter. DC has a 2" diameter while the skunk2 (70mm) is about 2 3/4". What makes them a "race" header is the deletion of the catalytic converter. If you put a race header on ur car, you wont have a cat, which means u will have a check engine light and u wont pass emissions. But if you have flashpro, it will turn that light off.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh quick question guys, a defouler will stop a cel light right???? Well if I have one on and something compeltely different goes wrong with the engine will cel turn on to let me kno still????

1 - 20 of 26 Posts