8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people are already planning on tuning the 8thgen, but with the lack of parts, this will be hard.

Start listing some parts and manufacturers names so we can start contacting them a couple of weeks after the release of the 8thgen and get the ball rolling, that way we might get lucky and parts will start to come out soon

·
Registered
436 Posts
i/h/e...granted on the ex which ill be getting, the cat is practically right off the header. so i hope they can make a carb legal header.

·
Registered
321 Posts
HONDATA!!! Jackson Racing, Comptech, Cybernation, Crowers, IPS, TODA, Brembo, Stoptech...

Too many to name. But Hondata is unique as they have no competitor. I just hope the Civic Si's ECU is not radically different from the RSX's. If the Civic Si shares the same ECU as the 05+ RSX, I believe they're already looking into cracking that. If ECU is like the 2002-04+ RSX, then even better as that's been cracked.

I hope the engine bay is laid out close enough so that the RSX's existing superchargers and turbos will work.

Stuff like cams for the RSX-S should already work. Maybe even brakes? I heard that the rotors are the same as the RSX-S's.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow, in the suspension forum, I would guess he was asking about suspension components...

Give me some neuspeed race springs and I'll be set for a year or so untill the OEM struts wear out...

Good camber kit too, I had Ingalls on my RSX-S. Great kit, good price though I cannot compare it to any other camber kits...

I've still got learning to do as far as strut bars, upper, lower, front, rear, and whatnot...

Springs and camber kit would be my first suspension modifications...

·
Registered
241 Posts
jdm8thgen said:
i/h/e...granted on the ex which ill be getting, the cat is practically right off the header. so i hope they can make a carb legal header.
why cant they design something like the ex on the 7thgen where they have the header then cat and exhaust, but then you would have extend the 02 wires, same as if you were doing an lx to ex exhaust conversion on the 7thgen but that would be awesome, it looks pretty straight, so i dont know much more you can improve on it except size and so forth, but yea in that engine bay i dont know what you can fit there but yea normal aem or K&N intake, dc header for cali exahust rsr, spoon or cuso strut braces, supercharger ( but no room), full coilovers kw or tein w/edfc would be nice, dont know what else

·
Banned
325 Posts
Tien, Full coilovers, or The Honda HFP Springs and Dampers

·
Registered
241 Posts
i guess we will see when the 20 companies show there stuff at sema, hopefully the stuff from the si will trickle down to the coupe and sedan as well

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i'll wait until at least 3-4 coilovers are released the for 2006 civic and whichever seems to be the best performing, cost effective, and reliable I will get. Hopefully TEIN will come out with one by spring time with the EDFC..

·
Registered
106 Posts
mininsx said:
Wow, in the suspension forum, I would guess he was asking about suspension components...

Give me some neuspeed race springs and I'll be set for a year or so untill the OEM struts wear out...
Cripes that would ride like crap, I'd go with the sport if you are using stock struts

people lower their cars too much for street driving, I bought a CRX Si once with neuspeed race springs and 2 of the motor mounts were cracked because it was so rough... and it even had nice tokiko struts, I put their sport springs on it and man did it ride nice and less oversteer.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I currently have Tein SS on my RSX-S. But I think I'd be good with Megan (not Mugen mispelled) Racing full coilovers. Love the red, black and silver color scheme.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Saw pics of the engine bay, it looks a bit tight in there, probably able to make some room.

·
Registered
141 Posts
iwu said:
Cripes that would ride like crap, I'd go with the sport if you are using stock struts

people lower their cars too much for street driving, I bought a CRX Si once with neuspeed race springs and 2 of the motor mounts were cracked because it was so rough... and it even had nice tokiko struts, I put their sport springs on it and man did it ride nice and less oversteer.
Yeah, I might want to modify that order...

My RSX-S had neuspeed sports and she just wasnt low enough...

The new Civic's ride much lower from the factory. I saw a seadan at the dealership for the first time the other night and that was the first thing I noticed, very small fender gap...

Neuspeed Sports should do the trick, if Neuspeed makes more than a 1.5ish drop the thing might be sparking...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Indeed, if looks is what you are concerned about, Honda has intentionally made the fender gap smaller. They actually advertise that it's smaller than the BMW 3 series.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Drop springs!!!Like right now. Mine Looks silly with wheels onn it. Bolt on turbo kit, air intake, Hondata. The aftermarket needs to get on the ball!!! I have Been having mine for Almost 2 weeks now and its killing me to not be able to modify it. HID kit ordered, be here friday, can't wait.....

·
Registered
241 Posts
mostly right now i would like to engine mods, cause the suspension is going ot be different thats for sure, but also i would like to see someone change the dash , make a dash kit and harness for the 8thgen

·
Registered
36 Posts
crazykid3437 said:
why cant they design something like the ex on the 7thgen where they have the header then cat and exhaust, but then you would have extend the 02 wires, same as if you were doing an lx to ex exhaust conversion on the 7thgen but that would be awesome, it looks pretty straight, so i dont know much more you can improve on it except size and so forth, but yea in that engine bay i dont know what you can fit there but yea normal aem or K&N intake, dc header for cali exahust rsr, spoon or cuso strut braces, supercharger ( but no room), full coilovers kw or tein w/edfc would be nice, dont know what else
You cannot have a header on the 1.8l engine as the exhaust manifold is cast right into the cylinder head and the cat bolts directly to it. The only thing you could possibly do is make a "partial header". The head has all four exhaust outlets joining at the cat. You could devlop a twin pipe "partial header" that will help convert the existing manifold into a 4-2-1 header, however, it will not be a true header as cylinders 1 and 4 will not really be isolated from 2 and 3.

Look on the bright side...a turbo installation would be very nice and you could develop an adapter plate that would allow you to bolt up any turbo you could shoehorn in there.

-Jason

1 - 20 of 22 Posts