8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea those would be the big 3, but I just wanted to know if anyone who actually has or had one on their car thought about their kit? Or anytips they might have about setting it up.

·
Registered
663 Posts
All shots are going to be the same. Brand doesn't matter, its all N2O. Set up as hard as running a boost gauge. Drill a hole in your intake 6 inches from the throttle body before the MAF and open the bottle and shoot that shizz homie.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Use the zex,it's easier to hook up. Just make sure u purchase a purge kit, warmer, and the nitrous controller...u should be fine with a 100 shot with 2steps colder plugs like the den so ik24..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What controller? I'll def run the warmer, purge, window and throttle switch. I also want to get the fuel and nitrous pressure switches. Is the controller just the purple box that comes with the zex kit? And the direct port isn't that much more, do you think it's worth it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just talked to an nx express rep. He was telling me about their proton plus kit. I like it, and it's a pretty good deal. I wonder how their solenoid holds up.I still want to see what zex has to offer.

·
Registered
641 Posts
If you do anything more then a 75 shot then go direct port . I have nos direct port and purge kit / bottle warmer for over 2 years . I use Ngk 2 step cold plugs . My nos is activated by a full throttle control switch .

·
Registered
164 Posts
What controller? I'll def run the warmer, purge, window and throttle switch. I also want to get the fuel and nitrous pressure switches. Is the controller just the purple box that comes with the zex kit? And the direct port isn't that much more, do you think it's worth it?
It's a controller somewhat to a boost by gear, it allows you to only use it at wide open throttle , allows you to set what gear you want to start spraying at , and at what Rpms you want to start and stop it at. It worked really well for me .. Never had to worry about hitting limiter while shooting or wheel spin in first ..

·
Registered
164 Posts
No the purple box that comes with the zex is actually their solenoids for the fuel and nitrous. Everyone else has them in a 2 piece unit,but zex combines them in a one piece unit via that purple box.i had both zex and nitrous express. They are both good some say the nitrous express solenoids last longer, I never had a problem with neither of them. Also there's no need to go direct port , I did 100 shot all day long with just 2 steps colder plugs ,intake , manifold and exhaust . Still have my motor in my car ...only iam all motor now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any reason you pulled it off? Thanks for the Info I think I want to just run a 50 shot and continue to build the motor. Maybe 1 step colder plugs if they work well off the spray. I only have injen CAI, skunk 70mm exhaust, and flash pro. I was going to switch to the full race exhaust, maybe skunk2 intake, skunk2 mega power header, competition stage 2 clutch and flywheel, rdx injectors, lightweight pulley kit. Try to get all the bolt one out of the way.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nx quoted me between 1400 an 1500 $ for nitrous kit and their tuner package. Not bad but I think ima go a different route

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wanted to go nx acouple months ago, i just feel like the hassle would get to me of refilling to tank and paying to refill, but maybe one day I'll grow some cojones and get me a nice nx kit with its tuner plus package

1 - 15 of 15 Posts