8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 si sedan is a dialy driver, I just ordered the skunk2 headers, and 70mm exhaust. Also have a cte intake, and will do a hondata reflash after I install the header/exhaust.

I'm reading adding aftermarket motor mounts will stop the header from hitting the subframe.

The reviews I'm reading on the boomba mounts seems like they vibrate a lot and will ruin a daily driver car.

I see innovative has different stiffness. Should I get the red-street? Or black-track? I want to make sure the header doesn't hit the subframe. But also want to make sure it remains a nice car to drive daily.

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would the single hasport rear mount be enough to fix the issue of the skunnk2 header hitting the subframe

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
innovative 75's are awesome!

·
Registered
579 Posts
My 07 si sedan is a dialy driver, I just ordered the skunk2 headers, and 70mm exhaust. Also have a cte intake, and will do a hondata reflash after I install the header/exhaust.

I'm reading adding aftermarket motor mounts will stop the header from hitting the subframe.

The reviews I'm reading on the boomba mounts seems like they vibrate a lot and will ruin a daily driver car.

I see innovative has different stiffness. Should I get the red-street? Or black-track? I want to make sure the header doesn't hit the subframe. But also want to make sure it remains a nice car to drive daily.
Boomba mounts will stop your motor from rocking forward and backward. However, you will loose a lot of your comfort and increase the sound inside your cabin. You can keep your get the same benefit from using a torque damper and still retain the comfort from your car and keep the sound levels down to a minimum inside your ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts