8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone. I currently own a 2008 Honda Civic EX with 70,000 miles on it. I am not sure what mods i should get next. I was thinking of getting TBS after my catback exhaust system comes. If someone could please guide me as to what mod I can possibly get next. Maybe next get a suspension kit or something. Also if possible, the mods don't cost too much. Not trying to spend a fortune on something that doesn't do anything. Current mods I have:

35% Tint all round except windshield
Yellow Fog Lights
DC Sport SRI
Tsudo Catback Exhaust (waiting for FedEx to drop it off)
8000k HID Kit
6000k LED interior lights (Dome, License plate, Trunk, ect)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The FG2 mod :eek:hsnap:

Just kidding.
Definitely something suspension. HFP kit or something functional.
Drives awesome, handles awesome. Feels like a totally different car.
Then maybe wheels and tires. Functional also, and imo, with what you have combined with the three above, really makes your car cross the line from granny car with some bolt-ons to actual mods.

Whenever I see I stock-height, stock-wheel Civic with some light mods, I just go :barf:.
Go for broke man!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard many people say to get flashpro. Does it really do that much? I am not familiar with it. I know you can change settings in your car, but some people say to go to a shop that can actually tune cars and let them do it. Will I be able to use flash pro by myself?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The FG2 mod :eek:hsnap:

Just kidding.
Definitely something suspension. HFP kit or something functional.
Drives awesome, handles awesome. Feels like a totally different car.
Then maybe wheels and tires. Functional also, and imo, with what you have combined with the three above, really makes your car cross the line from granny car with some bolt-ons to actual mods.

Whenever I see I stock-height, stock-wheel Civic with some light mods, I just go :barf:.
Go for broke man!
I read that the hfp suspension kit is cheap, but doesn't ride smooth. Do you by any change have experience with the hfp suspension kit?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have the HFP suspension. It's definitely stiffer than stock, but that comes with performance territory. I think it's the best compromise. After HFP, you get even stiffer and lower--entering scraping territory.

As for Flashpro, I had it, but in my experience, it doesn't really do much. Sure, you'll be able to run your mods optimized, but it's just an R18... I'm after the driving feedback so Flashpro didn't do much for me.

Some also say mods unregulated with Flashpro will kill your engine eventually but millions have been doing it for decades and counting; I don't see any widespread reports of exploding Hondas.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the HFP suspension. It's definitely stiffer than stock, but that comes with performance territory. I think it's the best compromise. After HFP, you get even stiffer and lower--entering scraping territory.

As for Flashpro, I had it, but in my experience, it doesn't really do much. Sure, you'll be able to run your mods optimized, but it's just an R18... I'm after the driving feedback so Flashpro didn't do much for me.

Some also say mods unregulated with Flashpro will kill your engine eventually but millions have been doing it for decades and counting; I don't see any widespread reports of exploding Hondas.
Hmmm you have a good point at the flash pro. Im gonna assume I might not need it for right now since my mods aint that big deal. I probably will get it in the future with a supercharge kit. Suspension wise, I probably will get the hfp kit then after my exhaust system. Have you seen any better handling and steering? I wanna hear what you feel about the suspension. Also by stiff, is it like rough?

·
Registered
777 Posts
With what you currently have I would suggest suspension, rear sway bar upgrade (Si or aftermarket if you feel the need), might look into lighter pulleys, they have appenrently more effect than tbs to what I read yet.

For suspension it all depend on if you wanna be able to change over time (coilovers) or not and also what kind of use. Myself ie. koni orange strt + mild drop (1"ish) is enough for me. Stiffer and slightly lower but its all your choice.

And also get rid of those 8k hids... Its just annoying for other drivers and you actually have less usable light so less good night visibility. It's just rice imo...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With what you currently have I would suggest suspension, rear sway bar upgrade (Si or aftermarket if you feel the need), might look into lighter pulleys, they have appenrently more effect than tbs to what I read yet.

For suspension it all depend on if you wanna be able to change over time (coilovers) or not and also what kind of use. Myself ie. koni orange strt + mild drop (1"ish) is enough for me. Stiffer and slightly lower but its all your choice.

And also get rid of those 8k hids... Its just annoying for other drivers and you actually have less usable light so less good night visibility. It's just rice imo...
Thanks so much for the input for the suspension set up. I probably will go with what you are suggesting. If I get the rear sway bar, what about the front? Also does the sway bar help performance? I know it kinda locks the tires so they don't roll when you turn, but anything else? Regarding the HIDS, I just love the blue too much to ditch it xD

·
Registered
777 Posts
Sway helps with the roll over in curves, keeps the car more planted and you can take those highway in/out faster, etc... I personally only got the Si one and it was pretty cheap (you actually need some hardware not only the bar) its enough since I don't track the car.

Going bigger for the front one is not great for us, on a FWD its counter productive as it will create understeer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sway helps with the roll over in curves, keeps the car more planted and you can take those highway in/out faster, etc... I personally only got the Si one and it was pretty cheap (you actually need some hardware not only the bar) its enough since I don't track the car.

Going bigger for the front one is not great for us, on a FWD its counter productive as it will create understeer.
Ahhhh okay thanks. I will get the si sway bar along with the hfp suspension kit. Also I guess not getting the front bar is an option as well

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hmmm you have a good point at the flash pro. Im gonna assume I might not need it for right now since my mods aint that big deal. I probably will get it in the future with a supercharge kit. Suspension wise, I probably will get the hfp kit then after my exhaust system. Have you seen any better handling and steering? I wanna hear what you feel about the suspension. Also by stiff, is it like rough?
Handling is stiffer/crisper/less "delay"/more 1:1. Steering is waaaay more responsive. You move your wheel just a bit, and your car WILL move right away. Very little roll.
Then again I already had a Progress rear sway bar and Si front sway bar when I installed my HFP suspension so maybe my first experience is even more exaggerated than without it.

It's a bit rougher but not aftermarket-levels of rough. I've driven sporty Benz's with similar feel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Handling is stiffer/crisper/less "delay"/more 1:1. Steering is waaaay more responsive. You move your wheel just a bit, and your car WILL move right away. Very little roll.
Then again I already had a Progress rear sway bar and Si front sway bar when I installed my HFP suspension so maybe my first experience is even more exaggerated than without it.

It's a bit rougher but not aftermarket-levels of rough. I've driven sporty Benz's with similar feel.
If you don't mind me asking. Did you install the kit yourself or did someone do it for you? If so, how much did you pay?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have Tein Flex Z's on my 2009 EX and I love them, makes the car so much more responsive, steering is incredible and they are 3 way adjustable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts