8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im looking down the road a bit, 6 months or so i would say.

But i'm really looking toward getting a third vehicle, a "toy" of some sort! :dance:

I currently own a chev 1500 4x4. NOT interested in mods of any kind! (work truck)
And a 2007 civic si. I'm not really interested in mods to the si for a few reasons. One being warranty, id like to keep it! And the other main one being that its fwd.
You can all try to convince me that fwd is better if you want......but its not for me! :readtherules:

The main things i am looking for are:
RWD!!! (maybe awd...but definately not fwd!)
Manual trans
i want a small car, fairly light weight!

I had a post on here some time ago about monster miata's, and i am still interested in one! (mazda miata with a 5.0l v8 swap....incase someone doesnt know what i mean.)

I'm just looking for opinions on other cars that fit my requirments. Another one i was considering is a second gen MR2, i love the body style, but i dont know anything about them. specs? engine types? performance?

other than those two...im kind of stumped on what else i can look into, any suggestions?

my price range will be up to $25 000 Canadian at the most.
thanks guys!

(i know its not honda stuff........but its still cars! :woot:)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
240hmmm.....forgot all about that car!

I'm just going to drive it on the streets, im in a small town, no track anywhere around. I like rwd, i want to be able to throw the back around once in a while! (no, thats not what the e-brake is for! lmao)

dont need crazy fast, but it would be fun! Thats what i like about the monster miata. (too bad they are so damn ugly!)
just want a fun quick car, something that i can play with over the years. It wont be a daily driver, but i would still like it to be somewhat reliable, be nice to turn the key and go on a sunny day!

·
Registered
720 Posts
:yeahthat: My mom drives an MR2 - sooo much fun! It's a blast driving with the top down, hearing the engine behind you. More like a go-kart than a car.
The Toyota dealership by my house had a '92 turbo for sale a few years ago. It needed some work, but it would have been an awesome project car. Unfortunately I didn't have the funds or a storage place at the time.

I've heard lots of great things about MR2's, I would definitely pick one up (and really wish I could have when I saw that 92).

·
Registered
484 Posts
AP1 S2K! everything you could possibly want, rwd, lsd, 9krpm, lots of aftermarket options, and you can pick up a decent low miles one for around 15k u.s. and its a convertible which is a + with the ladies! as soon as i can afford a toy this is my next purchase, white with the red interior (the rarest color combo)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.