8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

What kind of experience is driving 8thcivic now?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Taylor 06Si 
#1 ·
It has been a few years since the 8th generation Civic was produced. How do you feel about its performance in daily driving?
I hope everyone can talk about the problems that will occur in the old Civic, and how to maintain them after problems occur.

#2 ·
I love my 8th gen, '08 EX Cpe, much better ride and better gas mileage than the '12 I had.. Its a daily driver but being retired and Covid around I don't drive only a fraction of what I used to.
Mechanically its in very good condition, but only has 125k miles.. its the little things that are getting to me, window regulator, speakers, headliner falling, clunk in the right rear, an annoying leak in heavy rains.
I'm kind of on the fence now of investing a few hundies and fix stuff tuning it up (still original spark plugs), replacing shocks, speakers or selling it and upgrading.
Other than what's mentioned its been one of the best cars I've owned in 50+ years, 3 of thos Civic's an '10, a '12, and this '08 all purchased new. Also on our 4th Accord an '82, '91, 07, and now a '20.

All I can recommend is use Honda OEM parts when replacing things that wear out or break form normal wear and tear or life expectancy..

#4 ·
I believe 8th gens are the last true old school honda, since 2009 I think honda has shifted their design language a lot. I may just be stubborn, but I like the less electronic interference. even though we have dbw and eps, Thats the most I wanna put up with. Also these have been so easy to repair, I know newer ones are as well, but the niche community and the availability of parts make it very enticing for beginners to get into the game. I think this community still has potential to grow as more and more civics come into the market as a cheap starting point for an enthusiasts career.

#6 ·
I completely agree, I was looking into getting a 9th or 10th gen before I got my 06 Si...I just fell in love with the car. I don’t mind the drive by wire or the electronic power steering. But yes, that the most I want.
Not to mention, to me the newer civics look bigger. I love my 8th gen!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.