8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got the car my mileage was great. I got about 26 mpg but recently I have only been getting 14-15 mpg. Has anybody else been expereiencing this? what kind of mileage have you been getting?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you've been getting 14-15mpg? Even in congested traffic during rush hour as maybe half of my driving, I get 25-28
When I bought the car it was certified and in the report it came with it said the air filter needs service. The dealer claims that the report means that the air filter will need service by the time i get it serviced next. That is in another 4000 miles. Also, the mechanic said the 06 gets an average of 20 mpg. If you really are getting that much then Im gonna go and complain to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
When I bought the car it was certified and in the report it came with it said the air filter needs service. The dealer claims that the report means that the air filter will need service by the time i get it serviced next. That is in another 4000 miles. Also, the mechanic said the 06 gets an average of 20 mpg. If you really are getting that much then Im gonna go and complain to the dealer.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic-coupe-sedan/22302-dx-lx-ex-your-gas-mileage.html

look at the poll on that link; it's the sticky on top of this forum section.

Most of the people who responded has 27-30mpg in our vanilla civics. WTF was that tech telling you, avg is 20mpg...

PS: my last fill up was about 8.25 gallons with 225 miles driven on it after it was previously topped off. Avgs to 27mpg.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic-coupe-sedan/22302-dx-lx-ex-your-gas-mileage.html

look at the poll on that link; it's the sticky on top of this forum section.

Most of the people who responded has 27-30mpg in our vanilla civics. WTF was that tech telling you, avg is 20mpg...

PS: my last fill up was about 8.25 gallons with 225 miles driven on it after it was previously topped off. Avgs to 27mpg.
Im gonna go to the dealer and complain. Do you think this could be because of the air filter?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
A dirty/clogged air filter can definitely affect fuel mileage. If mileage was being that significantly affected it would also be affecting smooth running and power. I would change the air filter as soon as possible to see if your mileage improves.

If the air filter doesn't look severely dirty, and/or you don't see a difference in MPG after you change it I would definitely take it to the dealer. Under 20 MPG (even 20 MPG actually) seems very low for your car. I get 37+ (07 EX) most of the time.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i have 54k+ miles on my 06 ls coupe, i average 36mpg per tank usually. When I beat on it it get 33mpg per tank, the highest i ever got on a 600 mile trip was a 48 mpg for one awesome tank of gas.

from the start i never got less than 33mpg.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I don't see any reason why your car would get that low. The lowest I've gotten was 22 mpg and that was with a lot of aggressive acceleration and with 4 other people in my car. Like others have said, check the air filter cause 14 mpg means that something isn't right.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I live in a hilly place, and the mileage suffers with all the ups and downs. On the highway, it gets 34-39mpg every tank. In town it gets around 24-28mpg. I think you have something wrong with your car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.