8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my friend just got a 2009 Civic LX, the sedan model, with automatic transmission. Neither of us know much about Hondas, so this looked like the place to turn to. It says on here (2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Performance - Official Honda Web Site) that the Civic has a "140-hp, 1.8-liter, 16-valve, SOHC i-VTEC® engine."

What exactly does this mean?

I have read things about people saying stuff about "VTEC kicking in." Does that apply to this model? If so, how does it kick in?

I also have another question. What is an R18 Civic? Is that just the standard model that my friend has (2009 LX sedan)?

Thank you so much for your help!

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
There's only 3 threads on this site for that? Come on you guys can do better. MORE LINKS!! :giggle:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
sighs... R18(DX,LX,EX) is the type of motor these models run . For the R18 motors Vtec is for better fuel consumption. use the search you'll be able to find alot about this since this was talk'd about many times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!

I tried running a search, but I couldn't find clear answers like the ones in the threads you guys pointed out. Google's links were a bit too technical for me.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Its the thing that makes your car fart and makes the driver think they are faster than anything on the road, lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts