8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
is that the TB coolant bypass mod? in for info.
I don't think that's the coolant line. In for answers, because I'm curious about this as well.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
that is not the coolant line...the coolant port is on the underside....that port on top is just for a vacuum line. i think its for vacuum, but for sure it is not the coolant line

·
Registered
509 Posts
That is the vac source for the evap system. It appears that they have an alternate method to ventilate the fuel tank.

·
Registered
881 Posts
That is the EVAP canister vacuum hose. I am using a 2009 TSX TB and it does not have that tube on the TB. I put a T in the brake booster vacuum hose.

·
Registered
502 Posts
OK, i think that tube is connected to a solenoid, and it comands the charcoal canister.

Something to do with the gases Surplus. All it is designed to do is hold fuel vapors so they don't get released to the atmosphere.
The vapors that were being released back into the intake manifold are now going to open air..

Spoon and Js Racing might be using a diferent system some of the times, so they can plug to a alternative gas tank...?!??!?

If this is correct, it shoulnd get any gains!! .... and removing the charcoal canister you will probably make your drivability worse.

Maybe has something to do with pressure buildup in fuel tank.

Seams quite a simple process, so its a question of trying it, and if no improvements are seen, just replug it..

Dont shoot me if i am wrong...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts