8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been trying to find the best and least $$ hands free holder for our car. I have a 2008 ex 4 door sedan. don't seem to have many places to attach holders to. And the windows are so far away, most suction type holders are not long enough to reach windshield.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the iOttie CD slot mount. I never use CD's so it doesn't interfere for me. The only thing is with the stock radio is does block the screen but if your using your phone anyway it doesn't really matter.

It depends on the CD slot but with the stock unit the mount isn't the sturdiest and will bounce around but its not terrible. The phone grip is great, you can put in and remove the phone with one hand. It has a ball mount on the back so you can easily rotate the mount to make the phone vertical or horizontal. It also puts the phone in a great spot as its low enough to not block you view out the windshield and not to low so that you have to really take your eyes off the road.

Im pretty picky when it comes to most things and I have to say I am super happy with this mount. Just stay away from the suction cup mount as many people have problems with it melting on hot days and just not sticking for a long time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Definitely get yourself something from ProClip; it's a bit pricier than the average hands free phone holders but is absolutely worth it. I have an '09 LX-S and have the "center dash mount" and attached the holder for "small to medium cases". It's awesome. Put your car specs in here and you'll see the custom mounts for your civic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have an iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder. Got mine from Amazon. Work well with my iPhone XS Max.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts