8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the Atoto SA102 for $199 on Amazon. It has a high def screen, steering wheel control wire hook up, apple/android play, screen mirror, amp preouts, back up cam plug. I really like Alpine and Pioneer but they are lagging behind in features in that price range.

If you buy a head unit with a steering wheel control wire, will not need to buy a steering wheel adapter! Here is how to wire the small plug (with premium sound no nav): Brown(AUX S GRD) - Ground ANY, Other Brown(Audio Remote GRN) - Ground on RCA Head Unit Plug, Yellow - Aux RCA Left, Green - Aux RCA Right, Pink - Steering Wheel + on HU (you only need to hook up 1 of them, all buttons will work), Light Blue - to Amp remote turn on from Head Unit (for factory amp), Grey - Don't use, Blue - Don't use, White - Don't use.

FYI - I tried hooking it up with the speaker wires vs the rca's, use the low level rca's otherwise you'll be sending to much power to your factory amp creating a loud hissing sound even at low volume. Additionally, I also tried bypassing the amp entirely, it honestly sounds the exact same on deck power. Good Luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.