8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know what parts are all needed to complete the retrofit of our headlights. I hear about the projectors being used out of all different types of cars it seems so does that mean almost any are usable? I have an Acura TSX at work with the front smashed. The left headlight is destroyed but the actual projector housing survived and the right headlight is totally intact with the exception of a missing tab so it is also getting replaced. Will these work and where are the places that do this? Any in the Vancouver area?

· Six eyes
5,011 Posts
Yes, take out the projectors!!
You'll also need D2S bulbs, ballasts and shrouds. You'll also need hardware to mount everything if you decide to do it yourself. Don't know of anyone local who would do that though, sorry.

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By shroud are you talking about the the reflector piece that covers over the whole length of the headlight assembly inside? Cause that is destroyed on the left side. Maybe I could pick up a used assembly off E-bay. What would I need to know to attempt this myself? I am a bodyman so I am not a nubie. I just need to know what are the important details to make this successfull and I could take care of it myself. As for bulbs I would need those but I already have a PIAA HID kit in the car now so I could just get the bulbs and splice them into my ballasts as long as I can get some that are good for a 6300K kit.

· Six eyes
5,011 Posts
The shroud is just the little plastic ring that surrounds the projector. All it does is hide the "guts" of the projector, leaving only the lens visible.
I don't think splicing the ballast will work because you'd still need an ignitor capable of connecting to a D2S bulb, and the ignitor is normally part of the ballast.
If you want to do it yourself, all I can say is research, research, research. I'm wrapping up a DIY for doing quads, so that will help as well, once I acually finish it. I think a few other people have DIYs on here as well. Also check out hidplanet.com... they have lots of good info.

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are friggin wicked! The ignitors on my HID's are not part of my ballasts they are all by them selfs (had to mount 6 boxes total for both lights). So I have all that I need it seems here then, so off I go!! Yee haw! let you know when I'm all done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.