8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i am just going to update my stock intake with other one but i want to ask what is better the SRI or CAI and Why and i have a R18 (kuwait) :thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
for just straight gains the CAI will be better cause it takes in colder air from outside the engine bay. but the downside is a slight throttle lag and the possibility of hydrolocking(which is very rare unless you are being stupid).
the SRI will give great throtle response (like the stock air box). it will give some hp gains but not as big as the CAI will. the problem is when your engine is hot it will heat the air in the engine bay and the SRI will suck in the hot air(this is called heatsoak FYI) causeing a loss in hp(not a very big loss).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmmmm thank you all for this answers
i live in kuwait (GCC -Gulf Country) almost there is no rain but if there is it will be too much rain maybe it will still raing for 2 or 3 days i want to get the more HP as i can but i am afrading from hydrolocking and afarid too from heatsoak so i am thinking to get a 69 -1013 K&N SRI what do you think guys and thankx alot

·
Registered
37 Posts
the 69-1013 is an SRI and will work. i have never used it so i cant tell you if it is good or not. but if you want power just get an CAI and when it is rainy season (if there is one in kuwait) just put ur stock air box back in. that way you get the best of both worlds. and trust me intakes are not hard to install or uninstall. once you know what you are doing it will take you less than 1 hour

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
mmmmm thank you all for this answers
i live in kuwait (GCC -Gulf Country) almost there is no rain but if there is it will be too much rain maybe it will still raing for 2 or 3 days i want to get the more HP as i can but i am afrading from hydrolocking and afarid too from heatsoak so i am thinking to get a 69 -1013 K&N SRI what do you think guys and thankx alot

Think it personal preference. I was the same way with the CAI. You really have to drive into water that will be over the filter to hydrolock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts