8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a 09 Mugen SI, I want to install this T-kit I am getting, it was recommended I change my internals? I am familliar with the motor but not sure what is best to replace. Here is a list, correct me if I am wrong.
1. Cam shafts
2. Pistons
3. cam gears
4. pulley's
Is that it?

I am also planning on installing Greddy everything, it will be a full Greddy car.
So I am planning on doing all upgrades at once.

Help guys I need to make sure I buy the right parts to replace so my engine doesn't eat itself.

Thanks.

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
Uhm honestly you don't need to replace anything unless you're running insane boost. If you're going to run the factory psi, then you're okay with stock internals. What do you plan on doing to your car? You want insane power or just more than NA without getting too crazy?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm doing turbo on my 07 si. My build is stage one skunk 2 cams super tech valve train double layer head gasket cp pistons on manly rods afi manifold and a gt 30. Few other things I haven't bought or decided on yet

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
yeah if your building for high boost then i'd add new valves, springs, and retainers to the list you made ... if your just building for a little extra kick then as whoa tc stated, you really dont need to swap out internals

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
If you're using a gt30... that's pretty basic so no need for a whole engine rebuild.. If you want more than like 450HP then yeah build, but if you're just looking for like 280-350 you're fine on stock.. The best question to ask to determine your build is how much HP are you looking for? Is money not a factor?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well to be honest I am trying to hit 450-500 hp, money is not an issue won a law suit not to long ago and wont see the cash until 2 years from now when my lease is up, then we will see what the new civic has in store, but for now I am try to make a plan on what parts to buy so I don't ruin my engine.

Oh BTW I am not a modern car guy, this is first time I have dealt with a tuner, and do any of you know a really good old car restoration website to order parts on, I am rebuilding a 1970 ssz28 and I can't seem to locate any good dealers.\

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Well to be honest I am trying to hit 450-500 hp, money is not an issue won a law suit not to long ago and wont see the cash until 2 years from now when my lease is up, then we will see what the new civic has in store, but for now I am try to make a plan on what parts to buy so I don't ruin my engine.

Oh BTW I am not a modern car guy, this is first time I have dealt with a tuner, and do any of you know a really good old car restoration website to order parts on, I am rebuilding a 1970 ssz28 and I can't seem to locate any good dealers.\

Thanks.
I don't know what parts you're looking for, but I buy a lot of body parts for my restoration from Year One. They have a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He would be false on that statement, my friend had a normal SI that has 558 WHP on all Greddy Items...he just a Greddy hater, probably uses AEM and Spyder parts on his stock civic.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Sorry dude, but your not going to make anywhere near 450 - 500 on anything Greddy.
You dont need to upgrade your valvetrain or retainers. If you really want to do wise upgrades, go with ARP head studs, and rod bolts. Then if your a baller and can afford forged pistons and rods, then go with some eagle rods, and cp pistons.

·
Registered
892 Posts
You should really read about other users experiences with greddy on this site. There is by no means nothing wrong with them, however if you are looking for more than 300 hp you should steer clear of greddy. Look at Full Race, SRT, AJP etc.. you wont make more then 300 on a log manifold

1 - 12 of 12 Posts