8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm somewhat new to this forum, so I thought I'd ask around for a few opinions/suggestions. I have a bone-stock 2007 Civic Si Coupe (FG2). Here's my question. Hypothetically, if you had lets say, $5000 to spend on your car, what would you buy? and what would your reasoning for spending the money on it be? I'm open to pretty much any suggestions. Oh. No headlight retrofits or Progress rear sway bar because I already have those on order for some unknown reason haha. And also no "put that money into a bank or invest it or something along those lines". Keep the posts to suggestions on spending the money on the car please. Hopefully I'm not asking too much. I tried searching kind of. ::runs away from the angry posters that will tell me to search:: Thank you fellow members of the 8th for your time and input!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
1#Suspenion Set-up=$400.00
2#Lite-Weight Rims w/ Performance tires=$1,000.00-2,000.00
3#Supercharged/NOS/or NA, whichever=$700.00-2,500.00
4# Header/Exhaust=$800.00

·
Banned
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
_Viper_ said:
I would get a damn good winter car and park the Si in the winter !!!!! :)
Well, to be honest. I live in Southern California. As most people know, SoCal winters are, well, not much different from SoCal summers haha. We don't have to battle snow or crazy winter weather. In fact we might even be having a NorCal vs. SoCal BBQ on November 17th. Check it out in the California regional sub-forums. Oh yeah. I don't need a winter car either way because my FG2 is actually my daily driver. If I ever get tired of manual, want to just cruise around randomly, or need to carry more than one passenger without having them climb in and out, then I have a Mercedes that takes care of those duties. Oh and on another note, I'd rather not get the AJP turbo haha. I've read countless horror stories about them. Thanks for the suggestion though. Keep them coming. I appreciate all of your guys' responses!

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Suspension (not just springs either. Do it right..camber kits and etc)
Header
exhaust
Supercharger
reflash

Getting all with 5k might be hard.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
17 inch lightweight wheel tire package for 1600
RSM coilovers 2650 (according to thier site, but they are not ready for sale yet) but you will take Porsches in the corners with it
Lightweight clutch/flywheel combo. 750 It will get you more acceleration than an intake and exhuast would for the same price.
Thats what I would do but im a handling junkie that likes a more responsive engine over one with 8 more hp.

If you just want power

RSM supercharger 3500 ish
Race header 400-1000ish
Exhaust 400-700 ish

·
Registered
361 Posts
TJ213 said:
sell car and buy something else
Basically what I was gonna say.

Everyone is pointing you to "go fast" stuff. That's cool if that's what you wanna do, but if you want(ed) a "fast" car, you should have purchased one instead of an Si.

My list is simple...

1. New wheels and rubber
2. Suspension (Springs w/ camber kit)
3. Intake and exhaust
4. Tint

With that said, you would still have some money left over to do whatever with.

Just my .02 cents...

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
full neon underglow
spinnaz bling bling
and the decal : imports are like tampons, every ***** has one. 110 Bhp automatically transferred from redneck trucks and mustangs.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Sirbelch said:
17 inch lightweight wheel tire package for 1600
RSM coilovers 2650 (according to thier site, but they are not ready for sale yet) but you will take Porsches in the corners with it
Lightweight clutch/flywheel combo. 750 It will get you more acceleration than an intake and exhuast would for the same price.
Thats what I would do but im a handling junkie that likes a more responsive engine over one with 8 more hp.
+4789345743

·
Registered
23 Posts
If I were you and in your situation I would.. get a sport bike, lol. Now you got a pretty fun daily driver, and a toy that will whoop just about anything on the road. =P

·
Registered
718 Posts
I would do Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Hondata Reflash. That's about 2k.

Then I would get some factory options like the HFP lip kit ~1k, HFP 18's ~1.5k and maybe some fogs or some other small stuff.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts