8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, so im going NA, have a 2007 FA5...wondering what hp i might expect with the following setup, any input is welcome, haters get brownies

-Mishimoto CF SRI
-Buddy Club Racing Spec Battery
-Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser
-Vibrant Header w/ HF cat, 3" piping to Vibrant Noir Muffler
-Comp Stage 2 CF/K Clutch w/8lb Flywheel
-P2R Combo Kit (TBS, Mani Gaskets)
-Flashpro
-Skunk2 Timing Chain Tensior
-Ingalls Stiffy
-Ingalls ETD
-Boomba Mounts
-Mishimoto Race Radiator w/ hoses
-Skunk2 Composite Fuel Rail
-Mishimoto Aluminum Fan Shroud
-Short Shifter (brand TBD)
-Pulleys (brand TBD)
-Injectors and plugs(brand TBD)

this will be dyno tuned...planning on K24 frank, built engine etc at a later date (when i pay all this crap off lol)

any other suggestions welcome...and thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey all, so im going NA, have a 2007 FA5...wondering what hp i might expect with the following setup, any input is welcome, haters get brownies

-Mishimoto CF SRI
-King Motorsports 5.02 Final Drive
-Flashpro
-Ingalls Stiffy
-Ingalls ETD
-Boomba Mounts
-Pulleys (brand TBD)

this will be dyno tuned...planning on K24 frank, built engine etc at a later date (when i pay all this crap off lol)

I would start with the K24 short block with intake, exhaust and a header and tune. Especially if you're planning on eventually going that route anyway. If you're not planning on K24/K20 build. Get some cams, a bigger throttle body, intake, exhaust, header and tune. You wont regret that.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would start with the K24 short block with intake, exhaust and a header and tune. Especially if you're planning on eventually going that route anyway. If you're not planning on K24/K20 build. Get some cams, a bigger throttle body, intake, exhaust, header and tune. You wont regret that.
im looking into the TB's now...might wait until S2 releases their DBW version...or until a TSX TB drops in my lap

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i peeked at them, but ill take a harder look

im mainly trying to see if anyone has a comparable setup and can give me some estimates/ideas...i looked at the dyno pages but the mods are scattered

·
Registered
579 Posts
We are taking my buddies car to Church's in the morning to install cams and a new valve train along with a tune on the dynapak. He currently has a cold air intake, exhaust and header. His car is pretty quick now, it should be a strong build without touching the bottom end.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is my DD and I have 2 small kids so 1. thats why im not going FI 2. I want to see how much the stock engine can pull out with bolt ons and if im happy with it, i will keep it

<----will never be ITB God

and for the record, its flat black

·
Registered
18,666 Posts

-Mishimoto CF SRI
-Flashpro
-Ingalls Stiffy
-Ingalls ETD
-Boomba Mounts
-Pulleys (brand TBD)

probably around 215-220ish

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure, but i think the stiffy or some type r decals will net you most gains
lol! well ill look into that as well...my Mugen bolts netted me about 5 per so its definately worth trying

·
Registered
579 Posts
You wanted some hp figures for some basic bolt ons.
My buddy just put down 242 hp out of his k20 at Church's today. He has a cold air, header, exhaust, cams, Mdx injectors, flashpro with a tune by Daniel at Church's. Pretty impressive for some bolt ons.

You mentioned your car is your DD and you have kids.... I wouldn't get boomba mounts if you want to maintain any sort of comfort in your car.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You wanted some hp figures for some basic bolt ons.
My buddy just put down 242 hp out of his k20 at Church's today. He has a cold air, header, exhaust, cams, Mdx injectors, flashpro with a tune by Daniel at Church's. Pretty impressive for some bolt ons.

You mentioned your car is your DD and you have kids.... I wouldn't get boomba mounts if you want to maintain any sort of comfort in your car.
awesome...what stage cams is he running? Im thinking some 330cc Injectors might do the trick and yeah...i didnt think about the mount thing, should i stick with the stock ones, or go with another brand?

·
Registered
579 Posts
He's running IPS cams and Supertech springs and retainers with OEM Acura MDX injectors....410cc, great injectors and good price. He's using the ingalls damper paired with the oem mounts instead of the boomba mounts he had installed before. Boomba mounts are very stiff and increase exhaust noise and vibrations into the cabin.

I'm pretty sure that you will be more then satisfied with performance of your car with these mods.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You bought all those mods at once? yikes.

Why you driving a Honda?
well my wife and I are both active duty Marines, the traffic is ridiculous where we live so i needed something fun, with good MPG and can seat 2 carseats in the back...she just got a reenlistment bonus thus the influx of mods, but normally we struggle like everyone else lol

as well, ive always wanted a modded honda civic si so....

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He's running IPS cams and Supertech springs and retainers with OEM Acura MDX injectors....410cc, great injectors and good price. He's using the ingalls damper paired with the oem mounts instead of the boomba mounts he had installed before. Boomba mounts are very stiff and increase exhaust noise and vibrations into the cabin.

I'm pretty sure that you will be more then satisfied with performance of your car with these mods.
know anything about the innovative mounts?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
-Ingalls Stiffy
-Ingalls ETD
-Boomba Mounts

really dont want that thing do move do u.. lol :D
well i eventually want to upgrade the suspension and pull as much out of the stock engine to the wheels as i can until i get the money to upgrade the head/block etc

1 - 20 of 44 Posts