8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 898 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi, im wondering what everyone's fuel economy is. im currently on my third tank of gas and have 800kms (500 miles) on my ex civic. the first two tanks, i only got a pretty dismal 360kms (230 miles). i waited until the gas light came on as there were only 2 bars left on the gauge. is this b/c of the breaking in period? i havent driven it hard yet, my tires are at the right pressure etc..

thanks

this link added by Qshooter151 9/24/08

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mech...at/75975-si-87-octane-gas-threads-merged.html

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yah, I got about the same too. I'm on my third tank as well at 490 miles. First tank I got 23 mpg, then 25 mpg, and now I dunno yet. But I've been doing a ton of stop n go driving (driving around the city on purpose) for the break in so that might be it. But I couldn't help it and floored it once or twice >_<

·
Registered
168 Posts
First 2 tanks on our EX were 28 mpg and 25 mpg. Now on tank 3. I would not be concerned until you are passed the break in period. Also, if you are in a colder climate your economy will not be as good. I see a number of people are getting 34-40 mpg once the engine has passed the break in period.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have 8000 miles on my lx sedan 5spd I get 30mpg in every day driving and around 35-36 on the highway so far

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got about 2900 miles on mine and am averaging about 30 - 33 mpg. The car gets driven daily and about 30 mile at least, half of that being open road (55mph) and the other half is stop and go along with some pretty hilly terrain. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
going to take a wait and see approach until after the break in is over and see what the mileage is at then. thought it was weird b/c the 94 integra i just sold had better mileage on it and my new civic is "supposed" to have about 20% better fuel economy according to the stats. didnt expect the full 20% better but didnt think id be worse. anyhow, thansk everyone for replying.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have around 7,300 miles on my car right now...i'm averaging anywhere from 34-37 miles per gallon....i'd say my driving is probably 70% highway and 30% city.

·
Registered
75 Posts
my milage is varing as of lately i went to mass. last week for training for my job and i got 38.7 MPG on the highway (half tank of gas from Long island to Boston)during the week i usally do about 60/30 city/highway and get about 29 MPG so im satisfied and theres not even 3K on my car yet :rockwoot:

·
Registered
342 Posts
:thumb: I pretty much get 33-35mpg all the time. Town and country driving (some 55 mph and some stop and go). I have an EX manual sedan with a little over 3100 miles on it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
OblivionJin said:
Do any of you rmeember how much you got on ur very first tanks?
29.5 was my lowest on my second tank. It was wicked cold that week (the only really cold weather we've had). I am going on a weekend trip to the Berkshires in Mass. in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to seeing what it will do with all highway miles.

·
Registered
716 Posts
29.5 was my lowest on my second tank. It was wicked cold that week (the only really cold weather we've had). I am going on a weekend trip to the Berkshires in Mass. in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to seeing what it will do with all highway miles.
Hm, maybe it's my driving style though I'd say I'm driving it pretty softly right now, a couple of hard accelerations here n there but that's like once or twice a week :( I was kinda bankin on the cold weather thing but apparently you have that too... hopefully my civic will wake up and stop guzzling gas soon enough :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
My car has pretty much stayed the same from the day I got it. I believe my first tank averaged out to almost exactly 35 miles per gallon.

1 - 20 of 898 Posts