8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth getting the Hondata or Corsport Intake Manifold Heat Gasket while I am doing the header? Does it make a noticeable difference? Also where can I buy the defouler that will eliminate my CEL and is it easy to install?

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Is it worth getting the Hondata or Corsport Intake Manifold Heat Gasket while I am doing the header? Does it make a noticeable difference? Also where can I buy the defouler that will eliminate my CEL and is it easy to install?

No,Yes. Automotive store. 14mm sparkplug defouler(cost me $2.55+tax)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also are most people experiencing a rattle with the DCRH?? I read a post about some people considering new hangers?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I had the rattle and I got some polyurethane hangers to correct the problem. I'm not seeing the correct ones being available on the Kartboy website anymore... :(

They need to have 12mm holes IIRC.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I had the rattle and I got some polyurethane hangers to correct the problem. I'm not seeing the correct ones being available on the Kartboy website anymore... :(

They need to have 12mm holes IIRC.
I got some off Ebay that seem pretty generic, but are for Honda applications (I assume Honda wouldn't vary the hole size that much). Hopefully, they will work.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys. I really can't stand rattles (my skunk2 rattled for a while and had to fix it like 3 times). You definitely have to buy better hangers to avoid the rattle or does it depend on the car?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Well I got my hangers in and they are a bit small. The real problem seems to be that the DCRH hanger bar extends a little too far forward and butts up against my front sway bar some times. My solution is probably going to be to saw some of it off and install the new hangers once I bore the holes out to a larger size. Only reason I'm cutting the hanger bar is because I can't even get the current hanger off due to how close the edge of the hanger bar is to the sway bar.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
get the reflash if you havent already done so. and as for the intake manifold gasket. its hours of labor for like 4 hp. but it does work.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The header and the IMG sounds like a giant headache...anyone want to install mine for $100 or something?? haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts