8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a dealership located in AZ and he keeps calling me back regarding the Si he wants to sell, but its a "lemon" due to the 3rd gear grind and was bought back from honda to fix it and is now relisted for resale. Can i deal with him to lower the price? i have him by the balls i feel like loll. price was 18k OTD what should i do ? how much should i try to get lowered? 17k OTD ?

·
Registered
513 Posts
if i was you i would go to about 16,500 my dad owns a car lot and he said NO MATTER WHAT he would never call a customer more then once, the dealership must be desperate so you can low ball them all you want. what they do is buy a car and if they dont sell it before 30 days they have to pay for it out of pocket if they have had this car for awhile now then they are just trying to get rid of it so they still make a little profit my dad buys civics all day for about 13-15 so with 16,500 they still are making 1500 and should be happy to get it sold they more then likey will go for the offer

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
si is not a lemon because the 3rd geear grind dude.. do you know wht a lemon car is ??

you must not have done enough research to begin with..
p..s ur 2nd gear is would grind tooo , just for heads up

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2008 Taffeta White Honda Si Sedan - 38k Miles, well he said the car was a "lemon" and the honda dealership bought it back ( so since the honda dealership bought it back it must have meant it was a lemon or what not right ? ), and the second time he told me it was considered a "lemon" due to an airbag light that kept showing up....so he basically gave me a lie, or a alternative answer which i dont like.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
si is not a lemon because the 3rd geear grind dude.. do you know wht a lemon car is ??

you must not have done enough research to begin with..
p..s ur 2nd gear is would grind tooo , just for heads up
You're kidding me, right? I may be in the minority here, but between swapping on the MTF for their first "fix", plus the actual TSB, I had my transmission "fixed" a total of five times, and even after the TSB, it still acted up.

I consider that a lemon, even excluding all the obscene amounts of issues (airbag, build, subwoofer, and clutch) issues I had with my Si.

$18000 for 38k ? That's too much.
I got mine for $17000 with 14k miles on it. 2008 GG
Agreed. Also, you'd be foolish to buy an Si that a dealership knowingly admits was a lemon. Walk...no...run away. Fast.

Kudos to the salesperson for being honest, but that car is not worth your money. Not by a long shot. If you insist on going with an Si, keep looking. If 3rd gear is even notchy on a car, walk away. Save yourself the four years of headache I had.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're kidding me, right? I may be in the minority here, but between swapping on the MTF for their first "fix", plus the actual TSB, I had my transmission "fixed" a total of five times, and even after the TSB, it still acted up.

I consider that a lemon, even excluding all the obscene amounts of issues (airbag, build, subwoofer, and clutch) issues I had with my Si.

Agreed. Also, you'd be foolish to buy an Si that a dealership knowingly admits was a lemon. Walk...no...run away. Fast.

Kudos to the salesperson for being honest, but that car is not worth your money. Not by a long shot. If you insist on going with an Si, keep looking. If 3rd gear is even notchy on a car, walk away. Save yourself the four years of headache I had.
yeah Si Sedan ISSSSS what im going to get, due to budget etc. but what are the chances that ill find a Si without gear grinds and other problems, pretty low right?

·
Registered
129 Posts
A lemon is determined to be one after it spends a certain amount of time in the shop getting fixed vs. time on the road. So basically this car is a lemon because he tried to get the gear fixed multiple times, and it was never fixed. It's a clear-cut lemon (under the law) and many other Civics out there would qualify.

Low ball the hell out of them, you may be surprised.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If a dealership is calling a car that they're selling a lemon...I'd GTFO. Quick.

Don't spend money on something that even the dealership is telling you isn't of quality.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
but what are the chances that ill find a Si without gear grinds and other problems, pretty low right?
Pretty good considering I'm on my 2nd 8th gen Si and neither have had bad trannys. For what it's worth my RSX-S didn't have any problems either and they supposedly had 2nd gear issues. Mine was SMOOTH.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts