8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EX Coupe 350 watts system.

which setup do you guys think will provide the better quality sounds?

A) stock speakers, with a good multi-channel amp

B) No amp, change all the speakers and the sub

? ? ?

thanks for the input :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
You'll definitely get a better sound if you change out the speakers for after market ones. However I would not recommend running an after market sub on the stock amp (assuming it has a stock amp). When I had my 03 Tiburon I ended up disconnecting the stock sub from the stock amp so all the other speakers still worked (they ran through the amp too) and bought an aftermarket amp for my subs I put in the trunk.

Getting a better amp for the stock speakers might net you a little better sound quality but stock speakers are stock speakers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It has an amp already (still waiting to find from someone the location).

I don't know any info on the speakers or the stock amp, so deciding which to replace is a hard decision, but replacing the speakers is easier.

I think going with speakers YOU like would be the best option.

The lack of info about the stock 350w system makes it hard to decide what to do.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
I like the way it sounds. My dealer had an optional 350W EX and from the little time I drove the Civic it sounded really good (had my girl in the car, not the sales rep so I played my own CD). Honestly, if you want you could change the speakers but unless you're an audiophile (like me :D), this will be sufficient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts