8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard on the radio that Honda Civics are the most favourite cars among car thieves in Toronto!:eek:mg::hiding:a policeman was almost hit while trying to stop a black Honda Civic that was apparently stolen,they are warning the owners of Civics to be extra careful and not leave the cars warming up unattended.
I know the Civics have always been one of the most stolen vehicles but for a while I never heard anything and I thought maybe thieves have moved on to better/more expensive cars but NOOOOOOOO they still love our Honda:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
b/c it's a common car..one of the things we all have to deal with..heck if they steal it, must be time for an upgrade anyways right? lol

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
NOT THE NEW ONES...

the onlder more easy to steal cars are on that list, ours are pretty hard to nab.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
the old ones have a more flexible thing at the top of the window so people can use screw drivers to make a gap and poke at the lock/unlock with a coat hanger or something of the sort...

·
Registered
850 Posts
My old civic was hit twice. A rock to the side glass got them in the 1st time. A screwdriver to the lock got them in the 2nd time. The only car I had that anyone has ever touched. Both in broad daylight with lots of people coming and going.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Unless you leave the key in your car, or they tow it away, they wont be stealing your 8thgen :thumb:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If a theif wants to steal your car, they will steal your car even if it means kicking your ass and stealing your keys. If you are really paranoid about it, those steering wheel locks must be the best way to go. So if you drive a hot car like our civics, just hope you aren't the lucky one that gets their car stolen :S

·
Registered
929 Posts
'99 and '00 SiR were on the top of the list, both of these cars are before the days of the immobilizer and coded key (which is why they're more popular than the newer ones... plus B series parts are in demand)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts