8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I want to upgrade valvetrain. Do i "need" the following to run stg1 cams. I am also aware that our car does not come with dual valvesprings from the factory, will I need to get that part that allows me to use dual valvesprings?

1 retainers
2 seats
3 valve guides
4 valves
5 anything else "neede" to be upgraded
6 springs

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Most stage 1 cams are designed to work with factory valvetrain... If you want to go stage 2 then you'll need springs and such...

·
Registered
916 Posts
You can still update the valveterain just to ensure it will last longer. And if you have the hondata reflash I would upgrade it to utilize everything better.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Most stage 1 cams are designed to work with factory valvetrain... If you want to go stage 2 then you'll need springs and such...
Yup... almost everyone and their moms run stage 1 cams with stock valve train. Along with tsx cams and such. The difference is enough to make a difference but not enough to stress the risk of running valve float. Unless you like to mis-shift on purpose you should be ok. You'll want to upgrade when you get to stage 2 since the lift and duration will be alot more different than stock as to compared with the stage 1 vs. stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts