8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a couple of questions, forgive me if these have been answered. I always search but don't always find what I'm looking for.

This is my first new car so these are very noob questions.

Can someone confrim that XM comes with the car (assuming you have all the proper equipment) for 3 months?

Also, the warranty is 3 years 36,000 miles only right? If you were to extend the warranty, could you do that through Honda or would it be 3rd party?

Thanks. Pretty sure a bit more searching would have yielded the answer to the 2nd question but I need to call my dealership over my next break at work and would like to try to clarify so I don't sound like a fool. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
XM radio 3 months only really comes with the Navi package (as far as I know)

the extended warranty is done through Honda also, yes, question is if your gonna mod your car or not.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
When I just bought mine at the dealership they offered the extended warranty while I was there. I would think they should have done the same for you and been able to explain it there.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
On a new car, Geico will give you an extended warranty for free, i think its 100,000miles, just a small dedutible. Check with your car insurance to see if they do.

Also, there are floor mats in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well, I know for that the 2008 comes with a few features that the 06 and 07 models don't have:

-It has darker wheels compared to the 07 (And the 07 has darker wheels than the 06)

-It has a tire pressure sensor monitor (I really wish my 07 had this - JEALOUS)

-A new rear upper arm that decreases the amount of rear camber

-A revised spring rate for the coupe (matches the lower spring rate that the Si Sedan has)

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XM radio 3 months only really comes with the Navi package (as far as I know)

the extended warranty is done through Honda also, yes, question is if your gonna mod your car or not.
Yes, I will have the Navi package. :dancing:

Well, I know for that the 2008 comes with a few features that the 06 and 07 models don't have:

-It has darker wheels compared to the 07 (And the 07 has darker wheels than the 06)

-A revised spring rate for the coupe (matches the lower spring rate that the Si Sedan has)
Why do you wish you had TPMS? From what I hear its just a PITA. :biggrin:

Thanks for the replies all. I have not "purchased" the car yet, just put a deposit down so they could order it and the parts. That's why they haven't answered any of these questions yet. Just from shopping around, I was told this at different dealerships but I didn't know if it was on a dealership basis or something that Honda does!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well, where I live, the weather is random and the roads are bumpy. Some days it's very cold, cool, warm, hot. The air in my tires escape often due to all that. So with a tire pressure monitor, I would know how my tires are doing and if I need to stop by my gas station to add air. It would be very cool to know all 4 of my tires were equally filled with the right pressure.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I rather not have TPMS, because is such a pain when you want to get custom rims.
Plus if you check your tires every other week you should be fine.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, where I live, the weather is random and the roads are bumpy. Some days it's very cold, cool, warm, hot. The air in my tires escape often due to all that. So with a tire pressure monitor, I would know how my tires are doing and if I need to stop by my gas station to add air. It would be very cool to know all 4 of my tires were equally filled with the right pressure.
eh, I agree... it will be nice... BUT.

But, it doesnt show your PSI per tire... it will light a little dash light if you are over or under the recommended range (and someone correct me if I'm wrong).

So theoretically if the range is, for example 31-33 psi, you could have 31 in all tires and 33 in the 4th and everything will read fine and you will have no light. The minute you exceed or drop below that range, you will see a light.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I don't know how it works so I can't correct you.

But even so, if that is the case, I wouldn't mind the alert. Because with no alert at all, I'll always have to remember to glance at my tires to see if one looks like it's below pressure. At least a light will give me an idea and alert me to go check with my own tire pressure gauge and add air.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is fairly reasonable to increase the 3/36 bumper-to-bumper to 5/50. My dealer called it a wrap. I believe it was 300-400 $.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vince, as long as the system works as designed, I too do not see how it will be a bad thing! If it starts throwing a light when my pressure is fine, then I'll be a bit ticked off.

Also... I'm not sure if I want to pay an extra $400-$500 for an extended warranty unless its TOTALLY necessary...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yeah, TPMS is no good if you want to have winter or track rims... you can't disable VSA with the TPMS light alarm you'll have on with the 2nd set of rims on.

and btw the 08 rims are no darker than the 07's.

·
Registered
72 Posts

have you seen any pictures comparing the 07 and 08 rims? i can't really tell the difference

1 - 20 of 56 Posts