8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be posting anything about this or not but I was curious as to what COULD happen to me in this situation:

-street (drag) races go down on Friday nights in xxxxx (undisclosed location)
-cops come
-cops pull over several cars... that don't run..

Assuming I was one that doesn't participate in this sort of event, but spectates, what kind of penalties am I susceptible to? Can they impound my car? Can I get a ticket for spectating?!

(to admins; delete this thread if this *** isn't supposed to be posted..)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I know in state of tennessee, they impound our cars for spectating. Consider it aiding and abetting to street racing. Have had several friends get taken. But everytime that they've been spectator, they've gotten cars back after hefty fine. Usually racers don't get cars back.

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
You'd be charged too.

As a spectater, you are contributing to the deliquency of those who are racing. You as a citizen should be reporting these events, since you don't then you are a participant and are charged as such.

It's called... "aiding and abetting"

Think of it this way...

Honestly officer, I was just watching out for those guys in the bank, I wasn't really stealing anything.

Here is some legislature... interesting read... allow the police to immediately seize and impound any vehicle that they have reasonable grounds to believe has been used for street racing

Bill C-65: An Act to Amend the Criminal Code (Street Racing) and to Make Consequential Amendments to Another Act (LS-517E)

The law will use other examples of what has been done in the past. Liek the 180+ cars/spectators that were arrested in Ontario California in a huge Club Lexus street race sting op.

Just be aware, you go, you can go to jail.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You'd be charged too.

As a spectater, you are contributing to the deliquency of those who are racing. You as a citizen should be reporting these events, since you don't then you are a participant and are charged as such.

It's called... "aiding and abetting"

Think of it this way...

Honestly officer, I was just watching out for those guys in the bank, I wasn't really stealing anything.

Here is some legislature... interesting read... allow the police to immediately seize and impound any vehicle that they have reasonable grounds to believe has been used for street racing

Bill C-65: An Act to Amend the Criminal Code (Street Racing) and to Make Consequential Amendments to Another Act (LS-517E)

The law will use other examples of what has been done in the past. Liek the 180+ cars/spectators that were arrested in Ontario California in a huge Club Lexus street race sting op.

Just be aware, you go, you can go to jail.

Good to know. Will not be attending these!

·
Registered
887 Posts
if you need a street racing fix just go to youtube and watch " stockholm getaway " .

you dont have to worry bout losin your ride and you wont be present when one of those douchebags kills a family of 5 coming home from dinner at Red Lobster .

p.s. IBTL !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.