8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying an EX Coupe, Auto w/ Navi.

But i was just wondering what you guys were thinking about once the aftermarket parts start flowing, if these parts are available this is what i would like to do, Keep in mind that I have a 2003 BMW M3-SMG for speed so all this stuff is basically going to be show, with a nice suspension setup.

Power Adders:
Exhaust: Maybe Borla or Apexi WS II, I just want it quiet, maybe about as loud as a stock 350Z or stock SRT-4

Intake: When my stock air filter wears out, ill replace it with a KNN or Comptech Icebox (if they make one)

No Hondata or really anything else.

Suspension:
Springs and Dampers: I'm thinking about getting the HFP Springs and Dampers, but i would much more like a full coilover like Tien or maybe Mugen.

Sways and Struts:
I would like to see an Eibach Sway bar kit, with better endlinks and bushings

Mugen Strut Bars: (Ive always been a big fan of thier stuff and its basically OEM Quality or better)

Camber Kit: Ingalls if they make one, or maybe Eibach if they make one

Stereo:
I cant really say without hearing the Navi system w/ the 350 watt radio, but i will probably do something, and ill definetley add a DVD player somewhere so i can watch movies.

Wheels, Tires, and Brakes
Wheels: A good Set of 18's, Probably some Volk CE28 or TE37's Black with polished Lip, or Some Tenzo's

Tires: Dont know yet, i like the BFG G-Force Sport, had them on my RSX, they are the best all around tire with great wet and dry traction i have ever seen

Brakes: Ill probably just paint my calipers, maybe some upgraded pads and lines, but i doubt it, i love the way Red or Silver Calipers look behind a nice black wheel though, and my car will be black.

As for anything else, ill just have to see as it goes, i might like some other stuff but i really love the way it looks on the outside, the only other thing i might put on is the HFP Body Kit. I love the way it looks on the Sedan and im anxious to see a Black Coupe with the Kit on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Power: Well I think Im gonna keep my car stock in the engine compartment. No exhaust, nothing just stock.

Suspension: Im gonna have to go with Tein. Maybe some sway bars for better handleing.

Audio: Well Im gonna go all out. Alpine all the way around. As long as they dont change the speaker sizes on me than I pretty much have the new system already.

Wheels: Volks all the way! but Im sticking with 17" wheels, and some good tires.

Brakes: some upgraded pads and thats it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
EX AUTO W/NAVI W/FPP

engine: aem intake/apexi WSII

electronics: hondata or v-afc2 (hondata is wanted more)

audio: adding my dolby 5.1 processor from my clarion dvd foldout also have a cntr chnl spkr from clarion as well. also adding mb quart components replacing the oem

wheels: if i decide not to keep the 18s from the fpp, i'm doing 18" volk gram lights 57pro

brakes/suspension: just do aem pads and a larger rear swaybar

·
Registered
204 Posts
06Ex said:
I will be buying an EX Coupe, Auto w/ Navi.

But i was just wondering what you guys were thinking about once the aftermarket parts start flowing, if these parts are available this is what i would like to do, Keep in mind that I have a 2003 BMW M3-SMG for speed so all this stuff is basically going to be show, with a nice suspension setup.

Power Adders:
Exhaust: Maybe Borla or Apexi WS II, I just want it quiet, maybe about as loud as a stock 350Z or stock SRT-4

Intake: When my stock air filter wears out, ill replace it with a KNN or Comptech Icebox (if they make one)

No Hondata or really anything else.

Suspension:
Springs and Dampers: I'm thinking about getting the HFP Springs and Dampers, but i would much more like a full coilover like Tien or maybe Mugen.

Sways and Struts:
I would like to see an Eibach Sway bar kit, with better endlinks and bushings

Mugen Strut Bars: (Ive always been a big fan of thier stuff and its basically OEM Quality or better)

Camber Kit: Ingalls if they make one, or maybe Eibach if they make one

Stereo:
I cant really say without hearing the Navi system w/ the 350 watt radio, but i will probably do something, and ill definetley add a DVD player somewhere so i can watch movies.

Wheels, Tires, and Brakes
Wheels: A good Set of 18's, Probably some Volk CE28 or TE37's Black with polished Lip, or Some Tenzo's

Tires: Dont know yet, i like the BFG G-Force Sport, had them on my RSX, they are the best all around tire with great wet and dry traction i have ever seen

Brakes: Ill probably just paint my calipers, maybe some upgraded pads and lines, but i doubt it, i love the way Red or Silver Calipers look behind a nice black wheel though, and my car will be black.

As for anything else, ill just have to see as it goes, i might like some other stuff but i really love the way it looks on the outside, the only other thing i might put on is the HFP Body Kit. I love the way it looks on the Sedan and im anxious to see a Black Coupe with the Kit on.
You got a 2003 m3 SMG?? Id forget the civic and throw some dinan or whatever parts on the m3.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kadenx said:
You got a 2003 m3 SMG?? Id forget the civic and throw some dinan or whatever parts on the m3.
Dinan Is an expensive waste of time and money, the M3 is a great car stock, i have some 19" Zauber Gettin Wheels on it, and some slotted rotors, it has stock Navi, but other than that i dont want to do anything to it.

i do have a Dinan Exhaust, but thats only because they put it on the car when i bought it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Power: i/h/e which is pretty cheap for a civic. Next a 35-50 shot of nitrous since I got a kit sitting in my other car.

Suspension: nothing

Exterior: nothing

Interior: nothing

basically a sleeper.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I/E and definately some kind of EM to fine tune for even better gas milage!!

it will be a quiet Cat back exhaust though! tired of those too loud exhaust system.

·
Registered
204 Posts
06Ex said:
Dinan Is an expensive waste of time and money, the M3 is a great car stock, i have some 19" Zauber Gettin Wheels on it, and some slotted rotors, it has stock Navi, but other than that i dont want to do anything to it.

i do have a Dinan Exhaust, but thats only because they put it on the car when i bought it.
Ok...I dont know much about the bmw community. I would skip the civic and spend the money on gas for the bim-doggie. Id be a happy camper with an e46. Then again, if I didnt have a 5 year old and another one due in December, I might actually have an E46 :eek: But I have no regrets.....I think! lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
iwu said:
I'm going to enjoy having a stock vehicle for once, I'm a bit tired of modding.

hmmm.... thats not a bad idea! i should enjoy the civic in the stock form too!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts