8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to remove this little yellow stuff ( size of mouse poop) off my white car, but instead it left a yellow stain. Are these tree sap, tar, bug crap, or something else? I have a couple of these. What can I use to remove the stain?

·
Registered
218 Posts
try a bug/tree sap remover... can probably get it from walmart...
spray on, let soak, then wipe off...

if that doesn't work, u could try a clay bar...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Chances are these stains are from Honey Bees. Bees can also get diarrhea and really mess up/on anything they fly over. :xyxnervou

The above info is from a friendly beekeeper I know in New Jersey.

Try hot water with light rubbing to remove, then rewax the areas carefully. I have heard this works, but no bee-poop on my car here (yet) so I can't comment further. I DO know it's not a good idea to have this S*** or other varieties of same on any paint for too long. You should see what Seagull crap does to paint ... no you don't! :eek:mg:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i seem to get those quite bit sometimes, had a couple today actually. just wipe it right off wit a terry cloth.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
when i couldn't get it off after my wash i tried some claybar and QD.

that's when i knew it was poop cause it smelled like it. i highly recommend
you get that crap off your car asap cause it will etch the paint and plastics
and rubber bits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried removing some of them, with the recent ones, they come off pretty easy, but the ones that were there for a week or more, they left a yellow stain. I've tried hot water but that didn't work. I might try to use clay bar but really don't want to do it now on a car I just bought 2 weeks ago.

I get about 8 of these a day, I park my car in the driveway wheres there lots of flowers and plants and do notice about 5 bees coming and going. This sucks, I might have to kill them all!!! :box:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I tried removing some of them, with the recent ones, they come off pretty easy, but the ones that were there for a week or more, they left a yellow stain. I've tried hot water but that didn't work. I might try to use clay bar but really don't want to do it now on a car I just bought 2 weeks ago.

I get about 8 of these a day, I park my car in the driveway wheres there lots of flowers and plants and do notice about 5 bees coming and going. This sucks, I might have to kill them all!!! :box:
let God sort em out :D

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
...I might try to use clay bar but really don't want to do it now on a car I just bought 2 weeks ago.QUOTE]

From what I remember its not necessarily a bad idea to claybar right after you buy the car because of the rail dust that accumulates during the transport to the dealership. May not be necessary to do so, but it can't hurt either. I just remember hearing that somewhere...

·
Registered
147 Posts
i get those annoying yellow beads too, usually comes off with water and a soft cloth. sometimes it's red, and not yellow too! :( maybe it is the aliens?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts