8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2010 Honda Civic this past saturday. When i was inside the dealership the urban titanium color almost seemed gray in appearance (the flourescent lighting indoors kinda masked its true color) not knowing too much about Honda's and this being my first time to purchase one. I jumped too quickly into buying it. When I went home I saw the same car in same supposed color urban titanium but out in the open with the sun shining it had this rather brown color to it. I soon then started regretting having picked this color and seeing that the same model in the same color was purchased by my neighbor had me thinking even more. I live in the state of Massachusetts by the way. Anyways when I went and told the dealership I wanted a different color they said they couldnt do anything about it that the papers and the car had been registered with the DMV. I contacted them on Monday following Saturday when I purchased the car. Needless to say I was very disspointed and surprised they couldnt redo the paperwork in the new color car I wanted. Does this seem fair?? Any advice?

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
You have the right to remain silent

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
You have the right to an attorney

·
Perry Important Vember
18,773 Posts
:rotfl: scott.

a new paint job costs madd money, like in the thousands. why should they, the dealership, give you a free paint job because you didn't inspect it?

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
:yeahthat: Shoulda looked at it in the sun before signing.

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
You're pretty much stuck with it i think. As the buyer its your responsibility to look over the car and make sure its what you want, or are at least willing to settle for if necessary. The dealership has no legal obligations to let you trade colors a few days later, once you sign the papers the car is all yours.

At this point you can either have the car repainted, out of your pocket, or trade it in on the color you do want. Either way you're gonna lose a significant amount of money on trade or have to pay a good amount of money for paint.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am leaning towards thinking the car you saw inside was actually Polished Metal Mettalic not Urban Titanium. I do find it hard to believe that they would not switch cars. Could be that the salesman was not wanting to ask his boss in case he got in S*** because it would appear to be his fault you ended up with the wrong colour?

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
Urban titanium like Galaxy gray which it replaced can appear to have a different color depending on the light. It can appear standard gray but it can also appear brownish

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
oh and for what it's worth, every color I've had I've always thought I wanted something different but when I got something different, I wanted something else... don't sweat it man.

·
Registered
81 Posts
once you sign on the dotted line the car is yours but a lot of honda paints look different in different light. it'll probably look different in the shade too because of the different color metalic flakes they use. it's a nice color i wouldn't sweat it

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I wouldn't blame the dealership in this case. Once the papers are signed and the car is titled, I don't think they can resell the car as new anymore. That's why it wouldn't be good for them to take it back.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It has nothing to do with the "dotted line" be signed (at least for my state). Once you drive off the lot, however...you're stuck with it. And you did. So...you're stuck with it. It's totally up to the dealership. I know where I work, if a customer made a big enough fuss and we had a car on the lot, we'd probably swap you out.

Not to be a **** (more like advice for future buyers), but no matter what crazy deal they offer you "if you buy today!" always ask if you can take it home. Most dealerships have no problem letting you take the vehicle over night (as long as it isn't an Si, lol).

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
My wife and I looked long and hard for an Urban Titanium CR-V and eventually found one and bought it. It's a great color! I do agree that it looks brown in certain lights, but it's still looks great IMO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright everyone thanks for the tips and advice..some i liked and some I didn't but all very informative and funny...And I think I'm just overreacting with the color of the car it is a nice color. And just to correct a few I haven't driven the car off the lot yet its still at the honda dealership in the showroom. Thanks and maybe I'll post some pics later in the future so you can all give me your two cents on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@trufflesaremoney.....Cause i l live in the Ghetto so I gotta be sneaky and find a descent area to park so I dont get my new baby Civic Keyed...So i gotta scope out my neighborhood till i feel im comfortable leaving my baby outside....if i could I'd bring it inside my room but thats not possible...But i'm picking it up tomorrow or wednesday depending how busy i am at work....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.