8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The main modification I want for my car is wheels. I have an 07' GG LX, love the car but hate the stock wheels.

I was thinking of buying HFPs and giving them to my fiance and taking his 06' GG Si's wheels (stock) but I would rather have my car not look like an Si, for the simple reason that it is not one. He has given me suggestions and told me what not to buy, and also recommended I just keep the stock for the winter and look for summer wheels when the time comes. While I don't have a real problem doing this, the kind of wheels I would ultimately want would be all season. I want style but don't really care to switch wheels in between the seasons. However, if this can't be done it wouldn't be too much of a problem because I could always keep my stock wheels.

So my question is this, what are the best wheels I could get to fit my car and this criteria. I don't them to be overly "flashy" just have some style (wanting 17"s) and look nice on my car.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Good luck !!!!

WOW....loaded question. I would recommend going to the Tirerack site. They have the ability to show you the wheels that will fit your LX Civic properly along with a picture of the wheels you choose on a car that is your color. Then after you see something you like, post a picture of it and go from there.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
if your getting any aftermarket wheel you wont want them to be all season, especially if they are expensive. if wheels are the main mod you want to do to your car, then i suggest looking at some jdm wheels. maybe advans, volks, works and other wheels such as those ($1200+ for rims w/o tires). they are expensive, but if it is the largest mod you will be doing, then go for it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
What an easy question!:thumb:

These are without a doubt the best wheels to get. Sadly they will not fit the new civic. :(

Seriously take the advise given above. I'd head over to tirerack and see what you like and go from there. Happy hunting

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hahaha, nice bear wheels.

I don't technically have a "budget", whatever I like the most, I'm just going to get. However, I don't want to eat Ramen Noodles for the next few months either :].

To me, wheels are my most important mod. I plan on doing others, but right now only want to focus on those (which I know is not really the best timing, since I might end up buying some but not being able to put them on until spring, but oh well).

Thanks for the suggestions, ill look into that site.

I did find Volk TE37, liked those. Any opinions on them?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Volk
Advan
Work
BBS
Rays
Enkei

Are all top of the line and you cant go wrong with any of them.

Next tier down would be IMO

Rota
Konig
Motegi
all the rest.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Rota in same tier as Konig? No way.

Top tier (waste of money IMO unless you're a serious time attacker):
Volk
SSR
BBS
Team Dynamics

Mid:
Advan
Enkei
Rota
Work Emotion
Wedssport

Low:
Konig
Motegi (except traklites, which I'd place in mid)
Axis
ADR
other inexpensive brands

I wouldn't bother with anything over $1.5k. If TE37 looks is what you're going for you can just get some Rotas.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
aki said:
Mid:
Advan
Enkei
Rota
Work Emotion
Wedssport

Low:
Konig
Motegi (except traklites, which I'd place in mid)
Axis
ADR
other inexpensive brands
wow, rota in the same class as works/wedsport/advans???!!?
since konig makes rota i would think that they are in the same class.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I too have a gg/ex and have started the wheel/bologna research for next spring. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Enkei GTC 01: Expensive at $350 ea.....but great look (kinda si-ish) in hyper-black, which I think looks hot as hell on gg! Great performance (race series, only 18lbs ea), and you stay stock on set up: 17" @ 45mm offset. Probably the ones I will go with since I have all winter to save up. Gonna look mean for sure after I drop her!

Enkei Evo5 (hyper black): Great price at only $150 ea in 17" and looks good on the civie. A couple of guys on here have them strapped, but you might want to go with 18" on these. They look small with the spoke pattern unless you drop her. Finish looks very good with gg...
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12303

If you want 18" summer sex this might be worth consideration:
5zigen sc3000 sport:

Hope this helps. If you come across anything, hit me up. I'm in love with those GTC's, but the price is a killer.

mayo.:thumb:

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
wow, rota in the same class as works/wedsport/advans???!!?
since konig makes rota i would think that they are in the same class.
Konig is part of Pen Mar Corp. Rota is Philippine Aluminum Wheels. They're not even remotely related.

Rota has proven itself track capable, and the people who think otherwise tend to be those who want to feel better about their overpriced wheels. Advan is probably a bit higher than Rota, but they're no better than quality Enkei's (RPF01s). I'd lump OZ in the midrange too, albiet higher mid-range.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^youve got proof of this? as i dont have any for my stament, i have heard many a people say that konig makes rota or the other way around.

EDIT: found info that states you are correct....both are manufactured in the phillipines though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Blurry said:
Wheels your only mod????? Get the lightest ones you can afford...keep it 17".
No, not my only mod, as I said it's just the main one I want to focus on right now. For me I don't need HP performance driven mods, I just want ones that allow for a better ride (such as a rear sway bar and of course the wheels), and other ones can follow much later.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Whilst I have the Ultraleggeras on my car, I really want to see the coupe with Superleggeras -- primarily because I think the thicker spokes will look better with the chunky body.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts