8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend some products? I'm thinking about buying Quixx Paint Scratch Remover. Has anyone tried using it? I've got some minor to major scratches. What products works well for Honda Civic paint?

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
-Meguiar's Scratch-X (imo, doesn't do as good of a job as: )
-Kit (Yellow Bottle, & cheaper than Meguiars - Can find it at most Wal-Marts)

One thread I found after a quick google search:

Kit scratch remover

Granted he used it on plexi-glass, but I've noticed that on paint, the end result is smoother and less noticable than other products I've tried. Of course, these "wax" type products aren't a permanent solution, but they get the job done between washes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should mention that the light scratches were caused by jealous people keying my car.
The deep scratches are more like scuff marks. They scuff marks didn't get into the primer though. I've got some scuffs that got into the primer, and I'm pretty sure that will need the body shop to fix for sure.

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
The scuffs that have gotten into the primer will need to be taken care of by a body shop if you want to do it right. M105/205 are much better as far as removing surface scratches. Make sure you finish up with a nice LSP

·
Registered
503 Posts
Scratches and scuffs that you can feel with your fingernail cannot be fully removed, but the edges of them can be smoothed out by compounding and polishing to make them less noticeable.

Light scratches arents being keyed! Those are pretty serious. If you want to keep things over the counter the Quixx Kit works, but its pretty scary to be honest. It contains sand paper that if you overdue it, could lead to bodyshop repair. I'd stick to Meguiars Ultimate Compound followed by SwirlX. As for doing it by hand, you will get results, but they will take much longer to receive, and much harder work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used the 3M scratch remover yesterday to get rid of some unpleasantness that occurred when trying to squeeze two bikes into my trunk. Three applications by hand and it was almost gone. Have to get within inches of the bumper to notice it.

It works really well on fresh scratches, but on older stuff I see almost no difference. I have no idea why, just something I've noticed from personal observation. I've also used the Meguiars Scratch X (the original, not 2.0) and SwirlX. Neither did much of anything by hand, though I've heard they work better with orbitals.

·
Registered
322 Posts
hey, i have used the Quixx scratch remover kit and it works pretty nice. It removed minor light scratches and mad the deep ones less noticable! it is very expensive but i recommend it for light scratches. however i never used the sand paper provide, i was scared of using it and messing up the paint even more, regardless it still worked well!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I used quixx on my old car and i used the sand paper its very fine so you would have to press down hard and go back and fourth to much to get to the primer don't be scared just take your time wet-sand it and apply the compound until the scratch is gone as long as the scratch doesnt get to the primer it will be removed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts