8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give up. Can anyone tell me what the 3 little horizontal slots about 3 inches left of the hazzard button are for? I've taken my dash apart (for something else) and there's nothing behind there. It might be a good spot to mount a remote receiver or pain siren, but for now I'm just putting an LED in there for some glow. I've never stumbled across it on the site and a seach for '3 slots' only yielded a tale of a man with bad spelling and 3 very friendly women...

Refer to the first pic in this thread if you can't picture what I'm talking about:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34393&highlight=dash+removal

·
Registered
12 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
^nope...the mic is by the sunfroof controls
i think it is a vent
Thanks for the info my audio installer was going to put the blue tooth mic there...glad i didnt get it done yet..that would prolly be a bad spot for noise huh..

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
bhoy is right. It's an air temperature sensor vent for the climate control.

Of course not everyone has climate control, but I'm sure Honda decided that just using the same dash mold for all Civics was the cheaper and easier option.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's external temp.

Was it really that hard to answer the question guys? Yeah he could have easily got the answer by doing a little digging himself but it's not that hard to answer a simple question while you remind him that.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
seriously guys, wtf is all of your problems, the guy was referred here and cleary needed more explanation.

seeming as there are multiple answers that contradict themselves i do not see why he wouldnt need more clarity.

get the sticks out of your asses and stop being a bunch of a holes please.

next time you have a question, you will get the same response and see how you like it.

now be civil.

end/

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
bhoy is right. It's an air temperature sensor vent for the climate control.

Of course not everyone has climate control, but I'm sure Honda decided that just using the same dash mold for all Civics was the cheaper and easier option.
That's why they Do it so it can be used for all trims. Most car makers do this.

Sent from the flip side

1 - 20 of 21 Posts