8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying some HID bulbs for the TSX projectors i will be getting, so am looking at bulbs on ebay and i see many... does anyone know of some nice quality bulbs for around $100 bucks.. am looking for the best light output and a little blue.. so i was thinking some 6000k will be nice.. what so you guys think?

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Phillips Ultinons are the ONLY true 6000k out for D2S. They are well over 100.00. If you want close to 6k then the Phillips D2R bulbs are it.. But you will need to scrape off the Reflective coating and drill a small slot to fit the D2S housing.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phillips Ultinons are the ONLY true 6000k out for D2S. They are well over 100.00. If you want close to 6k then the Phillips D2R bulbs are it.. But you will need to scrape off the Reflective coating and drill a small slot to fit the D2S housing.
So not all D2S bulbs fit inside the TSX projectors? am looking for something that i will not have to drill anything.. more like a plug the bulb inside the projector and call it a day..

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
So not all D2S bulbs fit inside the TSX projectors? am looking for something that i will not have to drill anything.. more like a plug the bulb inside the projector and call it a day..
No, he mentioned D2R... its a different bulb. Thats why you would have to modify.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
What kind of light output are you aiming for? If you want REAL 6000k bulbs, they're around 100 PER BULB for the Philip Ultinons

Ultinons - 6000k
85123 - 4900k
85122+ - 4300k

Then you can go with the Osram brand which has bulbs rated at 5100k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts