8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and could not find anything.
Would they be whatever is on the Honda website?
I am talking as far as adding 17" rims, fog lights, compass etc.

Trying to find small things I can get thrown in if they come close to my price...so I can say "eh, gimme fog lights and a trunk liner and I will sign NOW"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
kgee said:
I searched and could not find anything.
Would they be whatever is on the Honda website?
I am talking as far as adding 17" rims, fog lights, compass etc.

Trying to find small things I can get thrown in if they come close to my price...so I can say "eh, gimme fog lights and a trunk liner and I will sign NOW"
Go to the Honda website and select "build a car." At the end, you can select a bunch of different options to add on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive done that...so I guess that really is, the only options from them unless a specific dealer works with an outside source.

I was thinking maybe a clear 3m bra or something to protect the front because I hear everyone talking about chips and Ive seen em on some 06s.

Guess I will ask for fog lights to fill in the ugly void and the rubber trunk guard.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
kgee said:
Ive done that...so I guess that really is, the only options from them unless a specific dealer works with an outside source.

I was thinking maybe a clear 3m bra or something to protect the front because I hear everyone talking about chips and Ive seen em on some 06s.

Guess I will ask for fog lights to fill in the ugly void and the rubber trunk guard.

Thanks
The best accessories you want are OEM accessories. If you're gonna negotiate with tint, clear bras or other things like that, it's best to go to a private shop. A dealer will charge you $300+ for tint when I got mine done for only $180 from a separate shop not associated with the dealer. It's unlikely you're gonna get a good deal on non-OEM stuff from a dealer.

Heck, even OEM parts are going to be overpriced at the dealer unless they're things you can't install yourself without a lot of undue effort. You can just find most things so much cheaper online and through some of our sponsors than through a dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zenith931 said:
The best accessories you want are OEM accessories. If you're gonna negotiate with tint, clear bras or other things like that, it's best to go to a private shop. A dealer will charge you $300+ for tint when I got mine done for only $180 from a separate shop not associated with the dealer. It's unlikely you're gonna get a good deal on non-OEM stuff from a dealer.

Heck, even OEM parts are going to be overpriced at the dealer unless they're things you can't install yourself without a lot of undue effort. You can just find most things so much cheaper online and through some of our sponsors than through a dealer.
yea I know. Ive actually owned a few caprices with paint, rims, hydros, shaved etc....very custom

Im looking for a good car to get me around and that I dont have to spend hours working on (besides stereo work, as I found even the BEST shop tends to break clips or plastic parts....and reading about the interior plastic on these cars I will take my chances doing it myself)
but even the fog light install I would not want to do...no time to screw with a car anymore.
Let them sell me the car with the $300 kit or whatever it is and slip in the rubber tray in the trunk...ya know??

I can get the civic tinted for 200 including the windshield...and I definetly will do that first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
when I bought my 06 EX coupe, the options offerred to me were, extended warranties, fog lights, custom floor mats, cargo net, rustproofing/paint/interior protection package, bug deeflectors, bra etc. (I took the rustporofing package and got custom fitted floor mats off the Internet for $65.00, the Dealer wanted $145.00 for them)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
zenith931 said:
The best accessories you want are OEM accessories. If you're gonna negotiate with tint, clear bras or other things like that, it's best to go to a private shop. A dealer will charge you $300+ for tint when I got mine done for only $180 from a separate shop not associated with the dealer. It's unlikely you're gonna get a good deal on non-OEM stuff from a dealer.

Heck, even OEM parts are going to be overpriced at the dealer unless they're things you can't install yourself without a lot of undue effort. You can just find most things so much cheaper online and through some of our sponsors than through a dealer.
The dealer here is the cheapiest Tint wise $120, about the only thing they do cheapier, that and oil changes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
Deedle said:
The dealer here is the cheapiest Tint wise $120, about the only thing they do cheapier, that and oil changes.
I never got a tint quote from my dealer, but I went to a shop that's right around the corner from the dealer. The shop said they do the tinting for all the dealers near them.

And I take my car to the dealer for its oil changes. I've been to too many discount places with my old car and they f*cked up so many things. My baby goes to the dealer, now. Nothing but the best! (Thankfully my dealer does stuff right and is very nice.)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top