8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my seat covers from Wet Okole. I ordered the whole set and it cost me around $500.

Here's my car: 09 Civic LX Sedan

Seat Covers:

·
Banned
873 Posts
Hmm I stared at this pict for a couple seconds and realized.

It looks good! I like it, but if you had black interior (Doors too) it would even look better.

Im not a fan of mixing colors. Im a strict one color or two tone guy.

But i like it! Put some fabric on your doors!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Side Air Bags & Seat Covers???

I've been told that it is very important to have seat covers that accomodate the side air bags in the back portion of the front seats. The seat covers have to open to allow the side air bags to deploy. I, even, heard that it is possible to break your back if the covers do not allow the bags to deploy properly & they, instead, fill the void in between the covers & the seats. The immediate bulge can break your back ( I have no idea if this is true or just a rumor!!!).

Do these seat covers have the provision for the side air bags to deploy & if so, how do they do it?

Does anyone know of companies that sell covers that have the side air bag provision?

Thanks, & your covers look a lot better than I thought they would. Anything to preserve the stock upholstery, which, is probably quite expensive to replace, is a good thing!!!

Joe F.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been told that it is very important to have seat covers that accomodate the side air bags in the back portion of the front seats. The seat covers have to open to allow the side air bags to deploy. I, even, heard that it is possible to break your back if the covers do not allow the bags to deploy properly & they, instead, fill the void in between the covers & the seats. The immediate bulge can break your back ( I have no idea if this is true or just a rumor!!!).

Do these seat covers have the provision for the side air bags to deploy & if so, how do they do it?

Does anyone know of companies that sell covers that have the side air bag provision?

Thanks, & your covers look a lot better than I thought they would. Anything to preserve the stock upholstery, which, is probably quite expensive to replace, is a good thing!!!

Joe F.

Whats up Joe, Yes these seat covers do have provision to deploy side air bags. The company that I bought these seat covers from "Wet Okole", they really know what they're doing. After making your order on their website, they will call you to confirm where all your airbags are so that they know where to insert slits in for the airbags in the seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive been looking around for seat covers for my 8th gen civic and theres been a lot of uncertainty but i thank you for posting your pictures with this brand. i think they look really nice. i agree they are pricey but at least i know now what direction i want to head in.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.