8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to users abusing the Chat threads, and violating the site rules in them, the old threads have been closed and new ones opened only under these conditions:

• No Selling in the chat threads, even if it is site related
  • No Rep abuse/whoring
  • No discussion of anything possibly related to copyright infringement
  • No post whoring, if you want to whore, take it to VIP (theres a thread here), if youre not VIP, now is a great time to consider joining. Posts that are considered whoring will be deleted.
  • Don't violate any of the other rules found here.

If these rules are broken again, the chat threads will get closed and will not be reopened. Individuals who violate these rules will get a 7 day ban.

·
Registered
401 Posts
im scared to do it lol i dont wanna mess it up

my next mod is gnna be a SRI or red jdm badges....although i think that 90 bucks for badges arejust ridiculous but after seeing them on your fa.....i want lol

·
Registered
392 Posts

my next mod is gnna be a SRI or red jdm badges....although i think that 90 bucks for badges arejust ridiculous but after seeing them on your fa.....i want lol
they r hot on NHBP! i made an "x intake" for my SRI...like it a lot and it can be done for a lot less than other aftermarket SRI's. I had a fujita SRI for a bit, i liked it, but i liked the x more.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i think i want a k&n one i like the idea of it hooking up to the existing oem intake to cool down the air and yeah if i find the badges for a cheaper price ill do them before the intake if not then ill save up a hundred bucks after

·
Registered
392 Posts
1. uses the apexi filter...which has been shown to have better filtration than other after market filters (even K&N), and its a dry filter. over time oil from an oiled filter (like k&n, injen, etc) can gather on the MAF (mass airflow sensor) making it dirty. this can eventually throw off the sensor's ability to read airflow (but this takes a decent amount of time).

2. it looks more OEM but has a touch of aftermarket to it due to the visible cone filter.

3. keeps the OEM MAF housing with the vanes, allowing it to keep proper AFR (air fuel ratio...not too lean, not to rich) which is promotes long term engine health

4. great SRI "suction" sound... scares in vtec, but no "pingy-ness" from metal tubing....like with my fujita (yay, im a little picky)

5. i noticed some minor improvement of throttle response

6. i love making stuff myself!

·
Registered
595 Posts
any in rochester clear their headlights? i am thinking of doing this mod and have some questions.
I was thinkin bout doin this too .....hey are you my brutha frum anutha mutha?haha I'm still holdin off doing anything major to the front ..Wanna see how the 2009 looks ...maybe I might convert it.... from the speculations, it's supposed to look FIRE:flame:that's why I'm holding off on the HFP lip for now ...

JUST DO IT!! BTW NICE SIG!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
i could just go look in the manual but whats that white plastic bottle thing in front of the battery and behind the driver side headlight?
Its the reserve for the radiator collant. lets you know when u r low.

man I wanna go, but I just realized that its right in the middle of the week ....can't gotta work ....
Matt clear your headlights yet??
I would also like to go but not sure if its gonna happen...wish it wasnt wednesday.

Next weekend im gonna spend some time doing stuff to my car including: NST pulley install (thank you jj71!), ingalls torque damper, fog light install, and cleared headlights...if i decide to go thru with it, it still scares me a little.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
247 Replies
18 Participants
jrMartinez24
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing