8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend of mine just sent this to me, and I figured some of you like to stay up to date on current events, so here it is:

The Westboro Baptist Church, the founders of the website "godhatesfags" will be picketing Minneapolis at a memorial for the victims of the I-35W Bridge collapse scene.

Here's the flier they are sending around, isn't this revolting and disgusting?

http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/aug2007/20070802_minneapolis-bridge-collapse.pdf

God help us.

Here's some of their previous work (not for the weak at heart: graphic hatred)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Truly disgusting. They're nothing but a group of attention whores.

I hope that when the founder of that so called church dies people will demonstrate at his funeral.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
just forget it mikie... best 2 ignore it... now if it was rule by decree stuff like this would be squashed but it always comes back to what if the decreer is not in the right... tough area

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I remember Howard Stern interviewing a member of that "church" a few years back. She had a bunch of her kids on as well, and while I did laugh at her stupidity, it also made me sick. I just don't understand some people...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Phelps is a madman, a megalomaniac and an abuser. Throw religion into the mix and you get this. Those poor frackin' kids...

·
Banned
3,117 Posts
While it is horrible and revolting...

by you posting that up... you're advertising for them
since 4 min ago, i've never heard about them.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I can't stand those *******.

It's incredably disrespectful that they would do something like this. Hell, the event has nothing to do with "***'s" or "IEDs".. And I can't even believe they would picket at funerals of fallen soldiers.

I've thought about assassnating who ever this ***** is....

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Special Ringpop said:
The Westboro Baptist Church, the founders of the website "godhatesfags"
I have, unfortunately, heard, watched, and read far too much regarding this pack of bible-thumping knuckledragers.

To quote the Master of Hate they should DIAF. Slowly.

I rarely say that out of jest, but for this pack of intolerant, ingnorant bastards, I actually mean it.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, their primary purpose in protesting everything comes back to ***.

Gays caused dead soldiers, gays caused 9/11, gays caused the bridge collapse, etc.

Their premise in protesting the soldier's funerals is to protest a country that protects gays.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Ahh okay... I didn't want to make the logical leap that they were blaming the bridge collapse on gays... Actually, I think I was incapable without someone telling me that because it's such a RIDICULOUS idea!!!

I hate these damn people (this "church").
I know it's aggravating Mike, but take solace in the fact that they are just a tiny group of people amongst millions in the world who could care less who you want to spend your life with :wavey:

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
I'm subscribing to this thread. If anyone starts gaybashing there will be consequences. Please keep this thread clean, devoid of personal attacks, etc.

This is an emotional subject as we all know.

I'm glad to see everyone so far being civil.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, if you look at the flier I put a link to, it seems to me their entire purpose is "***" based.

I didn't post this because I'm pushing a "*** agenda" as so many (foolishly) believe, but rather because these people are a menace on our society.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, I want to point out that I did NOT make this thread for either of the following purposes:

1.) To whine about *** rights
2.) To bash religion

So if you start feeling the need to do either, please take it elsewhere, as this is not what this thread is about.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
My neighbor, who is a Gulf War vet, belongs to a motorcycle group that does counter demonstrations to this nut case church. When someone is killed in Iraq and there is a memorial service for that fallen soldier, these basket cases from Westboro come and protest, ignoring the grief of the family members.

The motorcycle riders, made up primarily of vets, goes to stop the church members from disrupting the funeral services. BTW, my neighbor is a Christian who has said that he along with others have tried to reason with the Westboro members and explain how unbiblical they are. Because Westboro church is a cult, they won't listen to any reason.

If people want to stop Westboro church idiots from blaspheming and from harrassing grief stricken family members, then they should join groups like the Patriot riders who are willing to take a stand and confront the lunatics from that church.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
My neighbor, who is a Gulf War vet, belongs to a motorcycle group that does counter demonstrations to this nut case church. When someone is killed in Iraq and there is a memorial service for that fallen soldier, these basket cases from Westboro come and protest, ignoring the grief of the family members.

The motorcycle riders, made up primarily of vets, goes to stop the church members from disrupting the funeral services. BTW, my neighbor is a Christian who has said that he along with others have tried to reason with the Westboro members and explain how unbiblical they are. Because Westboro church is a cult, they won't listen to any reason.

If people want to stop Westboro church idiots from blaspheming and from harrassing grief stricken family members, then they should join groups like the Patriot riders who are willing to take a stand and confront the lunatics from that church.
my father is part of a group that is similar to the freedom riders that you speak of. they make perimeters around soldier funerals and they also "talk" to child abusers and "persuade" them to stop doing it

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Ahh who cares just ignore them. Minorities have dealt with racism for hundreds of years and still counting, gays aren't going to be excluded from the ignorance of the world.

Your best option is to ignore them and live life proving the stereo-types wrong. Don't waste your time on people like this, by allowing them to get to you and build hatred within you all you're doing is well...making them more important then they are.

By the way, technically (I don't believe in God, but I've read the bible) God did wipe out a city of gays and prostitutes with the great flood. I'm a supporter of *** rights (No I'm not ***) but there is no denying that according to the bible "God" is not supportive of homosexuality.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
There are several major holes in the theory that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of homosexuality. First, The idea that "all" the men of Sodom were *** is ridiculous. For one thing, Lot's daughters were pledged to be married to men of Sodom. Second, if all the men were homosexuals, why did Lot offer his daughters to appease them? What good would it do to offer a *** man a woman to have sex with? Finally, these people threatened Lot. If he didn't comply with their wishes they said they would do WORSE to him that to the two visitors. They were also trying to force the door down. They were obviously violent and they were trying to get at two unwilling guests. Whenever you mix sex with violence against an unwilling person you do not have homosexuality, you have rape.

NOTE:
This is not going to turn into a bible thread:
There are many interpretations about what really happened in this scripture.​

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed destroyed because the Torah says their sin, depravity and wickedness were an outcry that was heard in heaven. G-d shared with Abraham as to what he was going to do to these cities. Abraham interceded with G-d about the fate of Sodom. He started that if there were 50 righteous people, then G-d should spare the city. There weren't 50 righteous, so he went to 45, then 40 and so on down to 10. In all of Sodom, there weren't even 10 righteous people, so the city was to be destroyed.

Two angels came to Lot to warn him of the impending peril. News quickly spread of the two angels in Lot's house. The Torah says that Sodomites converged upon the house, young to old, all the people from every corner of the city. They called to Lot and demanded that Lot give the two angels over to the throng so that they might be sodomize them and sexually violate them.

Because Lot was following the ancient custom of washing the feet of strangers and inviting them into his home, he was in essence, telling them that he would lay down his life for them. Anyone familiar with customs in the Middle East both anciently and today would know this. Once a person crossed the threshold of the doorway, he was now a protected guest. Lot also prepared Matzos for the angels as this occured on Aviv 15, which is Passover.

As for Lot offering his daughters to the crazed mob, he was essentially telling them that he would give his own family over to them before he would allow anyone to touch the angels. One needs to be familiar with ancient Middle Eastern customs to understand this. As a Jew, I am quite familiar with ancient custom of protecting a guest, even at one's own peril. Lot was not really offering his daughters to the rabble; rather, he was telling them that under no circumstances would they touch the angels. Those unfamiliar with Hebrew and the Torah often misunderstand this point.

The bottom line is that Sodom was destroyed primarily for its sexual wickedness and violence. Rape, incest, adultery, beastiality, same sex relations were all part of the equation. Every person apparently was culpable of these crimes.

Many heterosexual people are guilty of sexual sins as well as those who are *** or transgender. The point is that we have all missed the mark and have strayed from the truth of the Torah and G-d's ineffible, Holy Word.

Blaming the bridge collapse on gays is just plain ludicrous. There is enough sin in the hearts of all Americans to find us all guilty on the Day of Judgement. The question that begs to be asked is what will people do when they stand before G-d, with all the wrong things that they have ever done. What will atone for their sins? The Torah makes it clear that only blood atonement will absolve us from our evil inclinations and actions. There needs to be a perfect sacrifice that will eternally atone for our misdoings. Once that has been appropriated, the Torah says that as far as the east is from the west, G-d will remember our sins no more and that we will be as white as snow.

The Westboro church is unfortunately, a misguided, deceived group of people who are themselves, going to Hell. Their leader is a cult like figure and their members are deceived robotons, doing the bidding of their masters. In time, they will fade away as the blades of grass in the late summer and the autumn leaves. What a sad, sorry group of people they are.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts