8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Toronto motorsports park yesterday had fun my car makes [email protected] the wheels, I was running on stock tires and rims with a ingalls dampener doing full burnouts 60' were in the 2.1's launching off the 5500 limiter bangen every gear check below :) my car number is 279 I will in the 13s easy with a reflash and vtech at 4500 :p my car has a catback and short ram air

Me and my buddies type-s lining up

My burnout action shot

I didn't get more pictures cause i was busy racing finnaly my cuzen was done and took some of the burnout :p

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow missed spelled the title... lol "Strip" and there 8th mile mph on the right hand was messed lol

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to get them warm why else? it was 4 degrees C yesterday

·
Registered
901 Posts
People do that at the local track here, i have always heard it can overheat your street tires.. i usually just pull right up and stage.. i dont even give it gas through the water.

·
Registered
202 Posts
street tires and even most dot approved drag radials do not need to be warmed up and do not go through the water box if at all posible

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my 60 went from 2.2's to 2.1s il be fine doing full burnouts :p

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Im guessing every track is different because ive seen different numbers all around.

Plus I got a 14.6 at Moroso here in Jupiter, and thats with a reflash.

So looking at jameslewis, and others track #s, something is telling me that every track will give different numbers.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
406 Posts
Spin the tires enough to get the gravel/dust/debris from the pits and staging lanes off them. There's ABSOLUTELY no point it smoking them. Street tires are designed to withstand heat, and not get hot. The only thing you're going to accomplish by doing this is to take several thousand miles of usage off in a matter of seconds, and also you're going to harden your tires quicker.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea.... my 60 foots got alot better that had nothing to do with it .. lol I havnt seen to many si's run what I have with a cold air and a catback

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
15.03 was my buddies type-s people are so in denial its funny I couldn't get anyone to tape we were all racing i have slips from 14.30's to 14.1's il post all of them later tired of people like you lol not everyone can get a vid at the track we are there to race

1 - 20 of 43 Posts