8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to dyno today with stock filter and just exhaust , my k & n filter didn't came , anyway i'm going back to test my k&n filter with custom icebox and my fujita short ram , i want to do some testing to solve this heat soak problem,, anyway 1st pull is 167whp and like 120 tq , 2nd pull is the same,
i took off the silencer i went from 167whp to 182.7whp and 138tq which is weird just coming from the silencer , anyway i guess that's why we do test..

with silencer 2nd doesn't

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shutter13 said:
you dont go up 15 whp from taking off a silencer... that dyno suckssss

i think your first pull wasnt very accurate

i don't believe it too but we did 2 pulls with the silencer on, both 167whp other is 168whp , i didn't made extra ordinary number it's only 182.7 i think my silencer restrict the flow too much..

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
umm whats a silencer ???

do we have it with all stock cars ?

feel free to nOOb me.....

exhausts ??? u got stock ones ?

Whats ur mileage ?

and what usually happens to the remaining 15 horsepower ?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
RiceBowL54 said:
aren't stock SIs running max 186 hp?.. so 182 doesn't seem too unrealistic.
Actually all dyno's are different. Some people dyno higher than others. All cars are not the same. Also, what kind of dyno they're using, temperature, huminity,etc.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RiceBowL54 said:
aren't stock SIs running max 186 hp?.. so 182 doesn't seem too unrealistic.

i'm not sure but i think 186whp is too high for a stock si from the dealer i think 172whp to 180whp , i guess i made like 3-4whp from my exhaust

·
Registered
149 Posts
i'm not sure but i think 186whp is too high for a stock si from the dealer i think 172whp to 180whp , i guess i made like 3-4whp from my exhaust

Well I made 177 hp and 135 tq bone stock on a 90 degree 86 humidity
day so I feel good about my car.

But I have seen alot of stock cars doing 190's because it was done on an extreamly cold day.

·
Registered
390 Posts
umm whats a silencer ???

do we have it with all stock cars ?

feel free to nOOb me.....

exhausts ??? u got stock ones ?

Whats ur mileage ?

and what usually happens to the remaining 15 horsepower ?
Don't worry, we all start there...
He has an aftermarket exhaust. And because some of these can be very loud (probably a Skunk2 70mm), they come with a silencer you can slide into the end of the exhaust and screw in. It basically makes the end of the exhaust from 70mm to about 40 or 50mm and thus much quieter. So no, its not in stock exhaust system, the stock one is tuned to be loud only under full throttle. Keep the questions coming though, only way to learn. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Comparing dyno to dyno is useless, ESPECIALLY different types of dynos.

Also theres no way you gained that much power from removing a silencer (muffer?). Something was wrong with the earlier pulls (or the last pull).

·
Registered
407 Posts
lol, i didn't even notice that. that explains alot.

i was thinking, how is this guy afraid of people jumping him for being a noob when he's got 10,000 posts lol

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
when you say you removed the silencer, exactly what did you remove? there is a tube that comes from the manifold into the air filter box, then a tube from the air filter box down to the silencer, then a tube from the silencer up into the top of the wheel well.

i actually had to get a hack saw and cut the silencer box from the tube that comes down from the filter box, so all that was remaining was like a 2 foot tube coming off of the filter box, just kinda hanging there down near the spot where the silencer used to be. is this what you did? i didn't really notice a difference. i'm pretty sure i'd notice 15 hp. now, if you removed EVERYTHING, and had it sucking in air completely unfiltered with no tubing at all, then maybe some of us would believe it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts