8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. The a$$ clown across the street backed his '96 Chevy truck in the the front corner panel drivers side. Causing the fender to roll in the the drivers door not allowing it to open. I love crappy drivers. He just drove away with out looking back. The police were called and they are going to pick him up for leaving the scene of an accident. The cops spent 15 min checking out the car they loved it.

I will post photos when they get processed since I am still old school with a 35mm camera.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
that sucks a fat one. :(

I once had some moron DUI hit me and ask me if I wanna smoke weed with him. I'm like "wth?" I was grateful the passing cop saw it. Also, I don't think truck drivers actually know when they hit something. Another guy parked his truck on my front bumper (same car) and got into an argument with me when I asked him to move it, saying it was no-where near the car. Then he got out and looked...

But I wonder how much it's gonna cost to have it fixed...not like you're paying for it though :p

·
Registered
321 Posts
Damn, make him pay through the roof. It's a brand new car. Everything should be repaired as perfectly as possible.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok,

I do not have digital pics yet. I have the film for the cops. That is it right now. The est was $1900 in damage. The police will file the warrent for the driver next week. Its a Class B Misd in Texas so the guy is looking at 6 months in Jail and up to a $2k fine. The best was he called his insurance to tell them he hit me and left the scene.

·
Registered
332 Posts
wow, 6 months in lockup seems harsh for that IMO, but the fact that he said YOU did it so he could collect off of your insurance... lock that fawker up!:mad:

·
Registered
332 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
It's guys like that who make everyone else's insurance so friggin' expensive! I'm 25, I have a new Civic with all the latest and greatest safety features and I'm still paying an arm and a leg for insurance. It's ridiculous.
get hitched... cut my rates about half, literally:eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
It's guys like that who make everyone else's insurance so friggin' expensive! I'm 25, I have a new Civic with all the latest and greatest safety features and I'm still paying an arm and a leg for insurance. It's ridiculous.
What kind of rate are you paying? I traded in my 94 accord ex-l sedan and got the atomic blue ex sedan and they are like "oh sorry, your insurance is going to increase $112". I asked why so much, and they said "oh sorry, I mean $112 per 6 months, so with this car I am paying $182 a month.

Some jerk in a 4 Runner fell asleep and drove 50mph into the back of me at a traffic signal in the last car, and he acted like it was my fault that he hit me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am paying $405 every 6 months, with 100/300/100 Limits here in Austin. Buy my 2005 S2k is $750 and is in a pleasure class.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Texan06 said:
I am paying $405 every 6 months, with 100/300/100 Limits here in Austin. Buy my 2005 S2k is $750 and is in a pleasure class.
Wow, that must be nice to get those kind of rates. Unfortunately, living in one of the top three auto theft cities, and and one of the top 5 for uninsured motorists has the rest of us paying for it. I do not want to even think about what that level of coverage would cost here. (Vegas)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts