8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go ahead & get the Civic Si Sedan. I put a $500 deposit down today (which was needed to place the order). It should arrive w/in a week to 3 months, depending on whether or not they can do an electronic trade - which is basically trade w/ another dealer before it's delivered to their lot (so it is still the same thing as actually ordering one, I just get it sooner). The dealer I ordered from has an '08 Fiji Blue Pearl coming in w/in the next week or 2, so they may try to trade that out.

I ordered an '08 Sedan Si, Taffeta White, no extras for now.

I was quoted $20,400 on an '07 w/ miles on it & not my first choice of color, however, I opted to go w/ the '08, no miles & get my first choice of color (TW) for $20,735. $335 more for a car that is 1 year newer isn't so bad.

I'll post the pics up once I get the car.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mac2118 said:
335? I only had to put 100 down when I ordered mine... they managed to do the electronic trade.
oh well, i'm putting $4,000 down anyways, so it's not a big deal to put $500 down now & $3500 when the car arrives (instead of $100 down now & $3900 when it arrives).

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
$500 is pretty standard. What is $100 going to do to get you to take mental ownership of the car? Nothing. Sounds like a great deal for a '08

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
07BlakBlak said:
$500 is pretty standard. What is $100 going to do to get you to take mental ownership of the car? Nothing. Sounds like a great deal for a '08
yeah, I was pretty happy w/ the deal overall. I actually could've gotten it a little bit cheaper at a dealer 2 hours away, but I figured by the time I drive there, drive back (total of 8 hours & gas) it wasn't worth my time or money. The dealer I got it from is 15 minutes from me, so it works out good.

I also like the fact that if I get 100% of my service done there, they give me a "at no charge" 7yr, 100k mile warranty.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Prelude2Si said:
oh well, i'm putting $4,000 down anyways, so it's not a big deal to put $500 down now & $3500 when the car arrives (instead of $100 down now & $3900 when it arrives).

yeah.. I put 100 down, then 6k down at signing. I saved my ass off working at walmart before I got my new job so i could put that down payment on it and pay for the damn insurance on the thing.

grats btw.. it's a fun car!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I'll find out tomorrow when I will be getting it. Last I heard, the computer showed one being built the first week of November (next week), so I'd get it the 2nd week of November. We'll see though..... I'm not in a huge huge hurry since i still have my Jeep. I would like to get it though; I miss shifting gears :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
MarchMadnessisMe said:
im jealous i ordered my 08 Si Coupe in August and it wont be in till Novmber it sucks
WHAT!!?? thats nuts man...atleast when you get the car, it will be worth it!!!

Reactions: MBK
1 - 20 of 35 Posts