8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have the WS2 but when Im going for big numbers im stepping up to a fully custom vibrant 3" exhaust paired with there 2 to 1 3" collector on my kiddracing header. I have had vibrant mufflers on my other cars and they sound awesome!!!!!!! Especially when they are black and look more stock than the originals!!!!!!!!!!!! Vibrant fanboi right here lolz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Sweet. (Late to the party)

Welcome Vibrant.

Ya know what I love about Vibrant? If its exhaust related - THEY MAKE IT! Clamps, fittings, piping, resonators. And also sold individually if you're in one of those "I just need that ONE piece, not the WHOLE thing" situations.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Vibrant needs to come out with a 70mm system to keep up with the other manufacturers.
I honestly don't see a reason why. Their 2.5" is more then capable to provide enough flow for anything you can throw at it, except of course a turbo setup making 400HP.

The whole 3" craze is rather annoying to me. Sure if you're running the stock exhaust and need to upgrade, wanting to make Max power, going straight to a 3" is fine but for those wanting to upgrade from a 2.5" to a 3" :facepalm: i don't see how its worth it to swap exhausts for a few extra ponies.

I'd rather spend the cash on more mods.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Sweet. (Late to the party)

Welcome Vibrant.

Ya know what I love about Vibrant? If its exhaust related - THEY MAKE IT! Clamps, fittings, piping, resonators. And also sold individually if you're in one of those "I just need that ONE piece, not the WHOLE thing" situations.
I love that about Vibrant as well. I bought the 1st Gen exhaust and instantly realized its a bit too loud for my liking. Thanks to them selling all kinds of resonators and mufflers separately, i was able to purchase a bigger mid pipe resonator to replace the smaller one already on there, as well as add another bottle style resonator after the header to quiet down the drone a bit more.

It now sounds Perfect!! :love: I get compliments all the time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I honestly don't see a reason why. Their 2.5" is more then capable to provide enough flow for anything you can throw at it, except of course a turbo setup making 400HP.

The whole 3" craze is rather annoying to me. Sure if you're running the stock exhaust and need to upgrade, wanting to make Max power, going straight to a 3" is fine but for those wanting to upgrade from a 2.5" to a 3" :facepalm: i don't see how its worth it to swap exhausts for a few extra ponies.

I'd rather spend the cash on more mods.
some people run headers with a collector larger than 2.5" so they dont want a smaller exhaust choking it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Any reason why the catback for the R18 was discontinued? IMO, it had the perfect sound and wasn't a cop attractor with the low profile axleback.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts