8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
A drop in replacement filter will cost you around $46.99 plus tax and shipping. If you order off of our website alot of times shipping is not charged.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Reasons for a metal tube.

I had the SRI on my 01 Pathfinder and cleaned it about once a year.

One thing I noticed is that my Pathfinder had a plastic like material for the intake tube rather than a metal tube as the pictures make it appear on the Si SRI. Why would they use the metal tube when it is much more susceptible to heat soak?
Our metal intake tubes allow us to put on different types of finishes on the intake such as a powder coat or a vaccum metalized finish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
k&n air intake

hi, I'm from Venezuela, I am new to the forum, and I have a 2008 Honda Civic EXS 1.8, this model is brazilian, I wanted to know if you know if you could put the Typhoon kit on this car?, and my other question is I do not know much about cars, but I wanted to know if there is any difference to put this kit in a manual or automatic car?, works best in a manual, or no difference?, if anyone can help me this. Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hello. I'm looking to get a deal on a intake system for my 2011 civic si. Please let me know if there is a deal out there for your intakes. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
K&N Intake Deals

Hello. I'm looking to get a deal on a intake system for my 2011 civic si. Please let me know if there is a deal out there for your intakes. Thanks!
On our website we offer intakes at direct retail price. Many times the retail stores will run specials. Many times the online retailers will also sell at significant discounts. I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Brazilian EX

hi, I'm from Venezuela, I am new to the forum, and I have a 2008 Honda Civic EXS 1.8, this model is brazilian, I wanted to know if you know if you could put the Typhoon kit on this car?, and my other question is I do not know much about cars, but I wanted to know if there is any difference to put this kit in a manual or automatic car?, works best in a manual, or no difference?, if anyone can help me this. Thanks.
Sometimes cars produced for countries other than the US can have slight differences. My suggestion is to look at our installation instruction sheet to verify whether or not the engine we show in the instruction sheet is the same as the one in your Civic. Here is a link to the installation instructions http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/69-1013_inst.pdf

Additionally, regardless of whether you install a K&N kit in a car with manual or automatic transmission we guarantee a horsepower gain.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Metal Tube

I had the SRI on my 01 Pathfinder and cleaned it about once a year.

One thing I noticed is that my Pathfinder had a plastic like material for the intake tube rather than a metal tube as the pictures make it appear on the Si SRI. Why would they use the metal tube when it is much more susceptible to heat soak?
Sometimes the HP gains are very close and people prefer the more stylish look of the Polished alluminum tubing.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
K&N all the way

Welcome K&N.......debating weather to go with a K&N, Weapon R or Takeda short ram for my 08 Si......
I'm going to have to go with K&N on this one. Not just because I work for these guys but because I've seen the quality and service that we provide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to get a drop-in for my '08 EX Sedan (not car savvy enough for any of the other fancy stuff, haha). I was just wondering if anyone's noticed a difference driving with a stock air filter and a drop-in. Thanks!

41 - 60 of 100 Posts