8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I actually picked up this tuner a while ago. After some hiccups (mostly due to some software issues) I got the tune installed, and it's great. It was extremely easy to tune the car.

That being said I'll get down to the technical. I tuned my LX to use premium gas, +500 Rev Limit and -500 VTEC point. Which ensures that if I'm tearing ass around, I don't drop out of my high output cam which was a pretty big problem before. Lastly I set the speed limiter to 145 which is the most my tires can really handle.

I have a Weapon R Intake with the Ram Air intake tube dropped in behind my splash guard for good cold air. Tanabe catback exhaust system, and a megan racing DP (not test pipe) to complete the exhaust setup with a stock CAT.

With all this the car runs like a dream! It's like a brand new engine was dropped in. And the tune really rounds out the setup.

Now as far as improvements. I would really like to see some basic setups for intakes, nothing custom per intake, just "CAI" "SRI" and "STOCK" which would help the gains a lot.

Also as a note for automatic users. The Rev limiter DOES WORK the tune however doesn't change the auto shift point. To use this you will need to shift through your auto gears as is outlined in your car's manual (GO GO MANUMATIC).

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I have an interesting question. If you use a stock map using Flashpro or Cobb and then add a SRI - the AFR's will be incorrect. Then you either switch to a supplied map for that SRI or have it tuned. How does this work with Hypertech? You offer one tune that was made with a stock Si. Does Hypertech still allow the ECU to correct AFR's after the install of a new mod and after resetting it?

Our tunes were developed with the stock air intake. Typically, installing any emission legal bolt-on mods, such as aftermarket air intakes and cat back exhausts, work fine with our tuning. Because these cars use a Mass Airflow Sensor to measure the incoming air, any additional air (power) provided by bolt-on mods will be accurately measured and immediately accounted for by the ECU. If you install a cold air intake that drastically affects the MAF readings, then the tuning needs to be recalibrated to correct the airflow calculations, and our tuning would not work optimally. If it works ok with the factory tune, then it should be ok with the Hypertech tune.

We will be doing some additional testing soon with the popular aftermarket intakes to determine if we need to make any changes in the MAF calibrations

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
None of the available aftermarket intakes work well with the stock AFM sensor. "OK" is a loose definition of "sure it starts and runs".

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
What about upgraded/modified stock intakes? That is the direction i'm going with my set-up.
Modified stock intakes skew the AFM readings as well. If you change the stock intake *at all* you need to recalibrate the AFM sensor to compensate. I've seen "modified" intakes affect different cars in varying amounts as well. Once you change the stock intake at all, there is no "one size fits all" that will work for you.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
What about upgraded/modified stock intakes? That is the direction i'm going with my set-up.
We will be doing some additional testing soon with the popular aftermarket intakes to determine if we need to make any changes in the MAF calibrations

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey how's this working out for you guys. Have you had a chance to check out some of the great addons for these civics yet?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome to the world of Honda flash tuning. I for one am happy to see that there will be different options and that we arent stuck with hondata being our only option. Good luck

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
The Hypertech Max Energy Sport does support the Canadian version of the ECU. We support the ECU versions in Mexico, South America, USA, Canada, and Europe.

Sean
Hypertech

61 - 80 of 96 Posts