8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
:popcorn: So why would a potential customer want to buy Hypertech instead of Cobb or Hondata? (serious question)
Hypertech offers a worry free tuning option for those who aren't looking for custom tuning. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee, and a life time warranty for the original owner and vehicle. Our tune will work with non-modified and slightly modified vehicles. As I said before, you will not find a more complete tune for the drivability of your car. We optimize the entire RPM range so that your car is performing at its peak performance all the time. WE DO NOT DO CUSTOM TUNING. The best way I know to tell you about our product is to show you, that is why we have the 30 day money back deal. Try it, if you don't like it, return the car to stock and return it for a refund to the place of purchase. Check out this post from a member.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/8135163-post1.html

Sean

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes, you guys all make no sense haha, comparing it to something completely different, the whole point of this is to not have to tune it, simple just bump your car up a bit, lol if you wanna take your car to the dyno and tune it than so be it, but unless its built or boosted.....i dont see whyd you bother paying to have a dyno tune your car lol. imo

·
Registered
7 Posts
lol...cuz some people have that and want more...also...for a daily driver, sometimes cat backs and intakes arent wanted...ya follow

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Why not just get a catback and an intake and see similar if not better gains lol.
We do work with cat back and intake so it isnt an either/or thing, its in addition. Our improvements are on a stock car. With intake and cat back, you should see beter gains.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have an interesting question. If you use a stock map using Flashpro or Cobb and then add a SRI - the AFR's will be incorrect. Then you either switch to a supplied map for that SRI or have it tuned. How does this work with Hypertech? You offer one tune that was made with a stock Si. Does Hypertech still allow the ECU to correct AFR's after the install of a new mod and after resetting it?

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
I have an interesting question. If you use a stock map using Flashpro or Cobb and then add a SRI - the AFR's will be incorrect. Then you either switch to a supplied map for that SRI or have it tuned. How does this work with Hypertech? You offer one tune that was made with a stock Si. Does Hypertech still allow the ECU to correct AFR's after the install of a new mod and after resetting it?
One size fits all will never be able to compensate for some of the weird effects intakes (and headers) have on our AFM sensor.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Yes, it works with the automatics too
This is probably where they will make the majority of their money. FP for the R18 would be great for someone tuning for turbo, but the R18 guys who isn't going for turbo can get this put in and be good to go with their minor mods.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I have passed this on to the proper people and am awaiting an answer for you man, I haven't forgot about you.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts